Ukraine - Russia Conflict

I don't know, but there are a lot of people, many Americans who seem to have bought into Russian bullshit out there tweeting about how Zelensky is a crook and a tyrant that "put his political opponent in prison".

Which 1. Isn't true. 2. The State did have a warrant for Poroshenko's arrest. 3. When he was arraigned the court denied prosecution and he was released. He was in jail less than 48 hours. And guess where Poroshenko is now? Leading a Battalion in the Territorial Defense Force.

Are there any thoughts out there that people are possibly growing tired of Putin and he is realizing it and upping his tyrannical game?
My impression is that Putin still has considerable backing of the Russian people.

My impression is that Putin still has considerable backing of the Russian people.

His domestic propaganda machine is working overtime pounding out the “We’re fighting the Ukrainian Nazis” line. And that Nazi angle is still able to strike a deep cord in the Russian psyche. I’d guess the majority of lower to middle-class Russians are buying everything Putin’s selling.

But just wait. It’ll take time before the effects of sanctions, boycotts and military losses hit home for the average Russian. Then things may get interesting.

Last edited:
His domestic propaganda machine is working overtime pounding out the “We’re fighting the Ukrainian Nazis” line. And that Nazi angle is still able to strike a deep cord in the Russian psyche. I’d guess the majority of lower to middle-class Russians are buying everything Putin’s selling.

But just wait. It’ll take time before the effects of sanctions, boycotts and military losses hit home for the average Russian. Then things may get interesting.
From the Germans in re: repeated "Nazi" angle - seems to be a fair call out:

Appparently, zee varrr iz a goin vewy well...

WASHINGTON—Moscow is recruiting Syrians skilled in urban combat to fight in Ukraine as Russia’s invasion is poised to expand deeper into cities, according to U.S. officials.

An American assessment indicates that Russia, which has been operating inside Syria since 2015, has in recent days been recruiting fighters from there, hoping their expertise in urban combat can help take Kyiv and deal a devastating blow to the Ukraine government, according to four American officials. The move points to a potential escalation of fighting

WSJ News Exclusive | Russia Recruiting Syrians for Urban Combat in Ukraine, U.S. Officials Say

I know @Raksasa Kotor previously posted about Germany sending military aid to Ukraine so please forgive me if this is redundant. I found this rather cheeky on Germany's part. If you can picture Germans being cheeky that is. Germany donates Soviet-made 9K32 Strela-2 MANPADS to Ukraine

Germany has decided to open warehouses with old Soviet weapons from the Cold War era and the Berlin Wall, and to help Ukrainians in their war against Russia. 2,700 units of Man-portable air-defense systems 9K32 Strela-2 will be immediately delivered to Kyiv.
9K32 Strela-2 is a legend in the Soviet-Afghan war, which ended in 1989 with the withdrawal of Soviet troops from the Asian country. During the conflict, Egypt and China, as well as other CIA-assisted third countries, supplied Soviet-made 9K32 Strela-2s to the mujahideen. 9K32 Strela-2 began shooting down Soviet Mi helicopters and low-flying aircraft during the Soviet-Afghan war. This encouraged the mujahideen, and although many of the 9K32 Strela-2s donated to them were old or broken, the balance of power began to tilt in favor of the mujahideen.

Germany’s decision to open the old warehouses from the time of Eastern Europe was taken today, March 3, 2022. NATO’s 9K32 Strela-2 name is SA-7 Grail. At the end of February, Berlin had already approved the supply of 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger air defense systems to Ukraine.

Say what you want about Russia and their prisons...but how does Navalny get a phone to tweet stuff?
That is very perplexing.
The Man Putin Fears

From the confines of his barracks, he still runs a network of dissidents devoted to ousting President Vladimir Putin. Its top leaders are fugitives from Russian law, though they were not hard for me to find while reporting this story. Some met me while they were fundraising in New York City or lobbying in Washington. Others showed me the TV studio they built in Eastern Europe, just outside Russia’s border, to air broadcasts for millions of followers inside. Through them, I began to receive a series of handwritten letters from Penal Colony No. 2. “Please, not too many questions,” Navalny told me in the first one last October. “There’s no time for writing here, and the process of getting these pages out is exhausting.” You wouldn’t know it from the volume of his subsequent answers, about two dozen line-ruled pages covered in a hurried Russian script. The first one came punctuated with a smiley face, as though the dissident were still adding emojis to the blog that started his political career.

So how about Germany in all this? A Green Left government now is to rearm & to consider nuclear & coal instead of renewables & Russian supplied gas. It is a remarkable 180 degree turn. Not so much mugged by reality, but overnight left the touchy-feely behind & almost instantly realized WTF was on offer. Well done Olaf Sholtz.

So how about Germany in all this? A Green Left government now is to rearm & to consider nuclear & coal instead of renewables & Russian supplied gas. It is a remarkable 180 degree turn. Not so much mugged by reality, but overnight left the touchy-feely behind & almost instantly realized WTF was on offer. Well done Olaf Sholtz.

Yeah, that was a welcome surprise. Nothing like fear and nowhere to run to stiffen the backbone.

Watching France 24, so no links to back me up here. Yet, will try and find some when I hop on the computer.

Turkey is going to host the next round of talks. Previous peace delegations did not include both Foreign Ministers. This talk will host both of them.

Putin has stated to Erdogan was that this war will not end until Ukraine surrenders and meets Russia's demands.

After shelling previously agreed upon Humanitarian corridors Russia is now trying implement corridors that only lead to Russia. Which they say were negotiated by Emmanuel Marron. Marron denied that he agreed with any of this. Ukraine has told them to get bent on this.

We can quarterback this situation all we want, but it comes down to the world really doing nothing but watch Russia take Ukraine. Everyone is so worried that if they do something to stop it that they will have to fight Russia and start WWIII. So, we sit back and watch Russia take any country not a member of the EU or NATO. Don't expect anyone in Russia to take out Putin unless it would be someone real close to him and I doubt that. Sad that the strongest armies in the world are hamstrung in this situation.

We can quarterback this situation all we want, but it comes down to the world really doing nothing but watch Russia take Ukraine. Everyone is so worried that if they do something to stop it that they will have to fight Russia and start WWIII. So, we sit back and watch Russia take any country not a member of the EU or NATO. Don't expect anyone in Russia to take out Putin unless it would be someone real close to him and I doubt that. Sad that the strongest armies in the world are hamstrung in this situation.
Yep….

Yes, sir, he’s got our nuts in a vice. If it weren’t for nukes, we might be engaging.

Back