Ukraine - Russia Conflict

They'd be going to Ramstein, no idea why either. Just park them on some strip adjacent the border and let them fly off at night. Why this is so hard I don't know, but this is the same competence err lack of competence that led to our trash Afghan final withdrawal.

Plausible deniability essentially. Sounds like they want to leverage a swap to do it and just say it was a one for one trade and we couldn't have possibly known that they would have given it over to the Ukrainians.

Possibly the reason for flying to Ramstein is to try and unequivocally signal that this is an American deal rather than materiel laundering. But we all know what this is lol.

Yeah, that's really weird.

I wonder if Poland is doing that out of an abundance of caution, "Whoa Russia, we gave those planes to the US, if they then gave them to Ukraine, that's not something you can get mad at *us* about!"

It's amazing how much this is shaping up like WWII: a dictator grabbing land, Europe and the US cheering from the sidelines but not doing much on the ground, and now "lend-lease."

I wonder what the Pearl Harbor moment is going to be, this time around.

I think that’s it exactly. Eastern Europe is scared shitless right now. Nobody wants to provoke Putin over that fragile line. Delicate balance, isn’t it? Helping Ukraine with one hand, but not enough to antagonize Putin to retaliate.

I agree about the WW2 similarities.

I think that’s it exactly. Eastern Europe is scared shitless right now. Nobody wants to provoke Putin over that fragile line. Delicate balance, isn’t it? Helping Ukraine with one hand, but not enough to antagonize Putin to retaliate.

I agree about the WW2 similarities.
Lots of people who have been freeriding their national security beneath the blanket of Pax Americana are SUPER nervous right now. Lots of people want to talk shit about our country until "someone" needs to "do something."

Lots of people who have been freeriding their national security beneath the blanket of Pax Americana are SUPER nervous right now. Lots of people want to talk shit about our country until "someone" needs to "do something."
You could replace "Mr. Atkins" in Rudyard Kipling's tome with "America" and not be far off of world opinion...

It won’t get any better. I suspect we will most certainly see a rise in the number of “keyboard commandos” soon….

Europe needs to nut up and if the Polish plane swap is because they want some level of deniability then it reinforces my already low opinion of that country.

Part of me wants to tell Europe to learn Russian and hope for the best. I’m waiting on China to not let a crisis go to waste…

You know what would be crazy? What if, just spitballing here, but what if the Ukraine had a bunch of A-29’s, MD-530 gunships, small arms, uparmored vehicles, and other miscellaneous military hardware…say the kind we gave to Afghanistan. Wouldn’t that be a hoot? Our navy is divesting itself of some patrol boats, surely that would help in some capacity. Anything, send whatever can kill Russians to the Ukraine. Marines don’t need tanks? I know someone who does.

While I’m ranting, WTF is the difference escalation-wise between Javelins and aircraft? Javs are killing more Russians than their health care system, but airplanes would push Pootie Poo over the edge? Cossack, please. Let’s turn Ukraine into Afghanistan, the 1985 version, not the post-9/11 shitshow we all know and love.

Back