Ukraine - Russia Conflict

So Ukraine said, why try to reclaim our territory that has land mines everywhere when we can just take theirs and invaded the Kursk Oblast?
Turnabout is fair play! :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note. Even after the war is over it will take decades to bring back Ukraine as a regional breadbasket. The ordnance the Russians emplaced will take years to clear. So large scale farming operations won't be able to run like they used to. Russia being heavy handed retards also destroyed the processing and storage infrastructure that supported the AG sector in Ukraine.

Turnabout is fair play! :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note. Even after the war is over it will take decades to bring back Ukraine as a regional breadbasket. The ordnance the Russians emplaced will take years to clear. So large scale farming operations won't be able to run like they used to. Russia being heavy handed retards also destroyed the processing and storage infrastructure that supported the AG sector in Ukraine.

Duh. How else are they going to claim farming subsidy money from the US?

Duh. How else are they going to claim farming subsidy money from the US?
Become a defense contractor who farms lead? I dunno. I am but a humble rabbit, corruption and schemes are not in my wheelhouse.

That said, I kinda wonder if this is to take territory for when T-Money and the Jarhead take office. If they have control of some Russian territory they might be able to leverage that to get people, kidnapped children, or territory back.

That said, I kinda wonder if this is to take territory for when T-Money and the Jarhead take office. If they have control of some Russian territory they might be able to leverage that to get people, kidnapped children, or territory back.

There are a lot of angles one can play with invading. Takes the war to the Russian people. Makes the Soviet military spread resources to guard the border. Bargaining chips as you stated. Disrupt Soviet logistics. Political moves, a la "Give us more aid, see what we can do?!" kind of stuff. Puts the Soviet army on its heels and becomes a morale boost for one side and crushes morale on the other.

According to Ru telegram a whole battalion was destroyed in that HIMARS strike yesterday (clip), as all 14 trucks were allegedly carrying almost a platoon of infantry each. Looking at the footage, the vehicles do seem to be full of bodies.

Ukrainian forces keep targeting Russian reinforcements. There are now also small incursions into Belgorod Oblast.

Last edited:
Meanwhile a massive drone strike took out a large guided munitions depot at Lipetsk airbase/training center, that could have been very important for an effective Russian response to the incursion and otherwise actions against Ukraine. The attack allegedly also prevented the landing of further reinforcements.

Satellite Images from bulgarianmilitary.com

Satellites-reveal-Su-34s-Su-57s-at-Lipetsk-2-amid-Ukrainian-attack.jpg

Last edited:
Drone warfare is downright terrifying.
Seeing this dude running around the tank after running out of ammo and dropping his rifle makes me wonder how "disarmed/surrendering enemy fighters" is going to work with suicide drones.
Is he considered an unarmed non-combatant or a maneuvering combatant at that point?

Is he considered an unarmed non-combatant or a maneuvering combatant at that point?

Armed or unarmed he's a combatant and a valid target. It's war. You can shoot them in the back, burn them alive, blow their heads off. He's not surrendering. He's retreating in a circle.

Last edited:
The move on Kursk has proven interesting.

Casualty numbers are always questionable but there's no question Ukraine wreaking havoc by striking into Russia. 3 days later and there's still fighting there -- that's longer than the Soviet's special military operation.

Turning truckloads of Russian infantry into truckloads of Russian ham hocks, one column at a time.

PS: Note to Santa: Molten Thermite, please.

An analysis of two potential strategies related to the Ukrainian ground incursion into Russia, explained as "hedge" and "wedge."

From the Modern War Institute at West Point.

Wedge and Hedge: The Political Logic of Ukraine’s Border Incursion - Modern War Institute
It's a good article. I think that this incursion is a big strategic risk for Ukraine. Easy tactical victory, especially on the I/O front. Keeping these territorial gains, however, will be much harder than taking it. Ukraine will have to maintain a fairly robust force there to defend it and these troops will be sorely missed in the fighting in the Donbass region. They will also have to split resourcing and supply lines to these two fronts, which will strain their support forces and infrastructure. Meanwhile, Russia is making slow but steady progress towards Pokrovsk. It's hard to say if those six manuever brigades in Kursk could have stalled this progress...but you have to wonder. It's a complicated problem.

Back