Ukraine - Russia Conflict

If this war “forces” you to harden your network:
1) you suck and your IT staff should be set on fire. Senior leadership should be boiled alive.
2) we’ve been under attack for awhile now, so it is about to get worse? Shit…
3) we need good cyber folks behind a desk. Go fuck yourself and a PT test. Also, cash money to find good people. We’re playing catch-up.
4) letters of marquee were a thing once. Time to hire some pirates to plunder on behalf of our country.
5) seems like some of the medically retired “undesirables” could contribute if given a chance. See #3 above.

The solutions are right freaking there, low hanging fruit.

Maybe related. More to follow where the hack originated to follow.

Factbox: What is Okta, hacked authentication services provider

Ukraine made a website for repatriation of dead Russian soldiers. Great IO, but I think Russia turned the global access to internet off a week ago.
An ADM I have a lot of respect for was a Captain when he and I discussed over bourbon one night what he would like to see changed. His response was to figure out how to hire the stereotypical nerd that lives in mom’s basement but can hack the hardest targets. But he wanted them in uniform, PT and weight standards be dammed.

I knew this. Wondering if the Russian military is doing the notifying like the US would.
Well, on a similar note, there's this (again, take it for what it's worth):
Morgues are overflowing with corpses as Russia secretly ships thousands of dead soldiers through Belarus to disguise death toll in Ukraine, report says

I also read somewhere, take it all with a grain of salt, that Russians were issued their own personal cremation kits, as opposed to transporting home in body bags. I'll see of I can find a link later, but that can't help with identification and notification.

Read down a bit & the conscription age has changed along with issuing Mosin-Nagant rifles. Sucks to be Ivan.

Institute for the Study of War
I have a young Russian friend who works in the same industry I do. He got the hell out of there after the first few days of the war because he feared he would be conscripted.

No wonder Putin is taking all comers for this war. They've already lost 40k bodies in combat power between KIA/WIA/MIA/POWs.

NATO says that up to 40,000 Russian troops have been killed, wounded, taken prisoner or are missing in Ukraine, said a senior military official from the alliance.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization calculates the figure based on information provided by Ukrainian authorities and information obtained from Russia--both officially and unintentionally, the official said.

NATO estimates that between 7,000 and 15,000 Russian soldiers have been killed since the invasion began on Feb. 24. Using statistical averages from past conflicts that for every casualty roughly three soldiers are wounded, NATO analysts reach their total figure.

Russia began its invasion with roughly 190,000 troops. It has since brought in additional troops from Chechnya, Syria and other locations.

NATO: Up to 40,000 Russian Troops Killed, Wounded, Taken Prisoner or Missing in Ukraine

Back