Ukraine - Russia Conflict

A new type of Russian mine MOB / OLA-8T was captured by Ukrainian forces.

From an article:

This is a relatively new Russian development of a mine, and there are practically no data about it on the Internet.

OLA-8T marking indicates its composition: octogen – 77%, aluminum – 8%, compound (LD-70, polyacrylic polymer, stabiliser) – 15%. The detonation velocity is 8430 m/c with a density of 1.84 g/cm3.

“These are far from the first relatively new and little-known Russian developments that the Ukrainian special forces managed to capture along with the documentation.

Russian soldiers are sabotaging the orders of their command and leaving documents for new types of weapons intact. Some surrender and, under certain guarantees or fulfillment of wishes, tell where they hid interesting gifts with documents,” InformNapalm said.

A friend sent me this (brief) article: Maneuver Warfare

@pardus and anyone else; any sense that the Russians are doing a 'strategic withdrawal' to prepare for a massive counteroffensive/large-scale ambush? I have no idea.
From what I can glean the Russians don’t have the strength/numbers to do that. In the Kherson region north of the Dnipro, they are looking at a Dunkirk style evacuation, leaving all heavy equipment behind. The Russians are also bringing T-62/64s back into service because they’re running out of T-72/80s, plus they’re mobilizing hundreds of thousands of civilians to fight. My friends on the frontline are telling me that the Russians had one trench line, once that was breached there was nothing holding them back. Nothing that I can see indicates the Russians have anything left to launch a serious counterattack with. They are getting resupplied with ammo, but their loss of equipment is staggering, but more importantly their moral is really low.
There are no guarantees in war and I might be completely wrong, but I think a brilliant, master plan to destroy Ukraines offensive with a counter stroke is akin to Hitler waiting for Steiner to come and rescue Berlin.

Was the daughter actively participating in the battlefield or general in the ranks of controlling troops? What’s your definition of a war crime? Are you okay if Russia now targets Zelenskyy’s family?
Here we fucking go... :rolleyes:
First of all I'm not here to answer every ridiculous question you can come up with.
If you want to talk about war crimes how about you do 5 minutes of a google search on what the Russians have done in Ukraine. They invaded a neutral country and have raped, tortured and murdered tens of thousands of people, and your going to cry over one communist bitch that incited this violence? GTFO!
Here's a box of gold teeth recovered from a Russian torture cell, have a great day!

Attachments

• goldteeth.torture.JPG
    goldteeth.torture.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 4
From what I can glean the Russians don’t have the strength/numbers to do that. In the Kherson region north of the Dnipro, they are looking at a Dunkirk style evacuation, leaving all heavy equipment behind. The Russians are also bringing T-62/64s back into service because they’re running out of T-72/80s, plus they’re mobilizing hundreds of thousands of civilians to fight. My friends on the frontline are telling me that the Russians had one trench line, once that was breached there was nothing holding them back. Nothing that I can see indicates the Russians have anything left to launch a serious counterattack with. They are getting resupplied with ammo, but their loss of equipment is staggering, but more importantly their moral is really low.
There are no guarantees in war and I might be completely wrong, but I think a brilliant, master plan to destroy Ukraines offensive with a counter stroke is akin to Hitler waiting for Steiner to come and rescue Berlin.

What is the current sitch regarding Russian airpower? Are they getting CAS as they retreat?

What is the current sitch regarding Russian airpower? Are they getting CAS as they retreat?
The RuAF is flying but not a lot. My friends watched a Ru fighter jet plow into the ground about 200 meters from them a couple of days ago which they were pretty excited about.
The skies are really quite empty though (I only saw 2 aircraft in the air in 3 mths, one jet and one chopper), The Russians lost a few aircraft early on and I think it scared them.
So effectively, no the retreat is not being covered by CAS, more drones than anything, this war is all about drones and artillery, and both sides are using them very effectively.

Was the daughter actively participating in the battlefield or general in the ranks of controlling troops? What’s your definition of a war crime? Are you okay if Russia now targets Zelenskyy’s family?

I wouldn't call that a fair comparison since this wasn't Putin's daughter nor, to my knowledge (I might be wrong) are any of Zelensky's kids actively involved in being a propagandist. Play adult games get adult prizes.

It would also be a bit of a world first if the GRU could actually kill someone they were targeting.

Looking at the numbers on Oryx, something like 10% of all manufactured Su-34’s have been shot down in the Ukraine. This is to be the backbone of their modern Air Force as they slowly retire the Su-24. They’ve lost one whole squadron of -34’s and two squadrons of Su-25’s.

The Soviets are at a point where they can’t make good on their equipment losses in this war. And think of all the EW, ISR, and other electronic assets that were captured.

This war has set the Soviets back years as they try to recover from their losses and compromised tech.

Looking at the numbers on Oryx, something like 10% of all manufactured Su-34’s have been shot down in the Ukraine. This is to be the backbone of their modern Air Force as they slowly retire the Su-24. They’ve lost one whole squadron of -34’s and two squadrons of Su-25’s.

The Soviets are at a point where they can’t make good on their equipment losses in this war. And think of all the EW, ISR, and other electronic assets that were captured.

This war has set the Soviets back years as they try to recover from their losses and compromised tech.
Shit that's a lot!
Yeah, Russian is going spend many years and a shitload of money to replace what they are throwing away here, and if they loose what is projected in the Kherson bridgehead, it will gut them.

Shit that's a lot!
Yeah, Russian is going spend many years and a shitload of money to replace what they are throwing away here, and if they loose what is projected in the Kherson bridgehead, it will gut them.

Your statement is what makes me think it’s going to be a play for keeps situation for current Russian administration. They either conquer a country and use its assets to replenish their loses, or they lose it all in a massive fireball.

I just don’t see it practical for Russia to tuck it’s tail and try to rebuild literally, financially, militarily, or socially.

Your statement is what makes me think it’s going to be a play for keeps situation for current Russian administration. They either conquer a country and use its assets to replenish their loses, or they lose it all in a massive fireball.

I just don’t see it practical for Russia to tuck it’s tail and try to rebuild literally, financially, militarily, or socially.
This seems to be the reality that's quickly approaching.

Back