Ukraine - Russia Conflict

So in this clip there is definitely something moving under the bridge immediately before the explosion, Whether that has anything to do with it I don’t know, could just be waves.

pardus, you might be on to something.

Someone in the comments also points out the lack of "blast damage" on the surface of the road. I‘m not educated in these thing, but now that was mentioned, it does strike me as a little odd.

It may not have even been a mystery seaborne craft or weapon, but perhaps the detonation didn’t occur on the surface ?

Edit: There are large visible scorch on the surface of the parts that collapsed, shown on more recent pictures though.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the naval phase of destroying and abandoning Russian equipment.

Paging @racing_kitty for blast analysis.
Haven't really had time to delve into the videos and photos out there, what with football season and keeping the beer menu updated. I'll have a look and see if anything stands out besides "Hey Russia, it sucks to suck." Who knows?

Haven't really had time to delve into the videos and photos out there, what with football season and keeping the beer menu updated. I'll have a look and see if anything stands out besides "Hey Russia, it sucks to suck." Who knows?

You're the best! I just wish they used more explosives and took the whole thing down.

Arctic Troops ruined and 80% of Russian units pulled from the Finnish / Baltic borders. All because of the war in Ukraine.

The history nerd in me found one point particularly telling. When the video talks about rebuilding the brigade, it goes through the usual litany of manpower sources and then mentions using sailors. Press-ganging sailors to fill slots in a motorized rifle brigade is some no kidding WWII stuff. Ironically, one of the campaigns where this occurred on a widescale basis was the 1942 German conquest of the Crimean peninsula.

When the Sovs start pulling stunts like this, things are bad. They are tossing bodies at the problem until they find more bodies, most of which will have minimal training. Not saying there's a tie-in to the recent draft over there, but...

The history nerd in me found one point particularly telling. When the video talks about rebuilding the brigade, it goes through the usual litany of manpower sources and then mentions using sailors. Press-ganging sailors to fill slots in a motorized rifle brigade is some no kidding WWII stuff. Ironically, one of the campaigns where this occurred on a widescale basis was the 1942 German conquest of the Crimean peninsula.

When the Sovs start pulling stunts like this, things are bad. They are tossing bodies at the problem until they find more bodies, most of which will have minimal training. Not saying there's a tie-in to the recent draft over there, but...

Yeah, caught that too. To further expand on it, there even seem to be striking similarities in incompentency of leadership and inter branch rivalry. The battles for Crimea were particularily brutal for the Soviets. Not least because the people overseeing their efforts, including high political officers, who had more pull than the military, but lacked their competency, were constantly at odds with the military leadership ( similarily to how certain Rosgvardia / tiktok personalities and mercenary leaders are with the Russian military command ) on how to organise a defense. Soviet Army commanders were afraid to push back or criticize, in fear for their lives. The results were the same and even worse. Artillery and command posts were reportedly deployed too close to the frontline and for really stupid reasons, like to keep the "offensive spirit" high, trenches were allegedly ordered to not be constructed. IIRC, as a logical consequence, Kerch was so disastreous, that for example, nearly the whole Soviet-Georgian contingent which made up a large part of the Soviet troops on the peninsula, and more than a third of the tiny Republics entire contribution to the war, got wasted, in less then two weeks. Which was a demographic catastrophy for them. Things also went really badly for the Russians in Ukraine because of very poor leadership and preparation. Guess they didn't learn from history. Plus add to that all the corruption.

Last edited:

Yeah, caught that too. To further expand on it, there even seem to be striking similarities in incompentency of leadership and inter branch rivalry. The battles for Crimea were particularily brutal for the Soviets. Not least because the people overseeing their efforts, including high political officers, who had more pull than the military, but lacked their competency, were constantly at odds with the military leadership ( similarily to how certain Rosgvardia / tiktok personalities and mercenary leaders are with the Russian military command ) on how to organise a defense. Soviet Army commanders were afraid to push back or criticize, in fear for their lives. The results were the same and even worse. Artillery and command posts were reportedly deployed too close to the frontline and for really stupid reasons, like to keep the "offensive spirit" high, trenches were allegedly ordered to not be constructed. IIRC, as a logical consequence, Kerch was so disastreous, that for example, nearly the whole Soviet-Georgian contingent which made up a large part of the Soviet troops on the peninsula, and more than a third of the tiny Republics entire contribution to the war, got wasted, in less then two weeks. Which was a demographic catastrophy for them. Things also went really badly for the Russians in Ukraine because of very poor leadership and preparation. Guess they didn't learn from history. Plus add to that all the corruption.

I thought similarly, but not nearly as articulate. I was gonna post something but compared to your posts it would have looked like a 5th grade history paper.

I thought similarly, but not nearly as articulate. I was gonna post something but compared to your posts it would have looked like a 5th grade history paper.

Don't be so harsh to yourself. Trust me, these comments take me some time and edits. I'm not nearly as good with my English as I should be. Still make lots of mistakes. Mandatory "I really wished we had a better "love" react emoji." lol

Back