Ukraine - Russia Conflict

So basically Russian JTACs in the field are either worthless or dead so Russian AF just lobbing missiles at things they see on Google maps. "Bold strategy there, Cotton."

I read a report a few months ago, that at least in Kharkiv, Russia was purposefully targeting education facilities. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have moved on from that to just an all out we know nobody is going to do anything so we’ll keep bombing/rocketing/mortaring any civilian infrastructure we see fit.

I read a report a few months ago, that at least in Kharkiv, Russia was purposefully targeting education facilities. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have moved on from that to just an all out we know nobody is going to do anything so we’ll keep bombing/rocketing/mortaring any civilian infrastructure we see fit.
From what I've been hearing they're hitting any and all civvie infrastructure, heard something about cold storage and anything realating to food being hit as well. Apparently the RUS don't have the demographics to repopulate captured areas, so they're wiping out infrastructure to make areas uninhabitable.

Meanwhile, there are already losses among the poorly mobilized and largely untrained reservists, who are now being deployed. I want Ukraine to win, but I won't lie. I also feel sorry for those who are drafted against their will to be senselessly wasted like that. I wish they would turn around and at least refuse to serve their regime, if not fight it. Or alternatively try surrender to the Ukrainians.

Last edited:

afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

The rail bridge is still out of commission from what I saw yesterday. The automobile bridge, well one side of it is operating with one side trying to get repaired.
Yeah it’s out of action until they repair the damage but unless there is some major structural damage it will be repaired soon. This is a temp pause, We need to drop a span or supports etc… and cut that rail line properly.

Most likely but given the report he supposedly talked to Putin and his peace proposal makes me wonder if Russia is in the background trying to exert pressure on Ukraine’s support. I believe those areas Russia wants have a lot of rare earth materials. Something Musk companies need
If it prevents nuclear Armageddon and I get my Starlink, faster. Break out the peace deals. :rolleyes: Someone needs to be talking to Putin and not further isolating him.

Do you realize the overhead on what he donated and we're approaching a year with him out of pocket? If the US government wants to continue their proxy war, they can pay the bills. Or Musk just shuts off their connections.

If it prevents nuclear Armageddon and I get my Starlink, faster. Break out the peace deals. :rolleyes: Someone needs to be talking to Putin and not further isolating him.

Do you realize the overhead on what he donated and we're approaching a year with him out of pocket? If the US government wants to continue their proxy war, they can pay the bills. Or Musk just shuts off their connections.
According to Musk, so far it’s cost $80m on Starlink over Ukraine. Doesn’t mean that Putin didn’t sway him one way or another, but that’s a significant investment from a private company

The fact that this administration (ours) has *still* not stepped up to even negotiate a fucking peace deal here is... I don't even have a word. Fucking disgraceful.

It's cute to watch this little proxy war play out, but the fact that people have been super happy to watch gleefully from the sideline without some clear-eyed anger about America's diplomatic missteps tells me everything I need to know.

I can't wait to further celebrate the death of 100k+ humans over a border dispute enabled by weak leadership.

Quite the "border dispute". 20% of yet another country, not only occupied, but in this case even annexed and it would have been far worse, if Putin wasn't ( imo ) decicively mislead or hadn't misjudged Ukrainian and Western resolve. Remember, Russia made an opportunistic, if unsuccessful dash attempt to take Kyiv, topple the government and possibly occupy and divide, if not annex the whole of Ukraine. Even if we somehow whitewashed what happened thus far ( and we can't because it also includes massacres ) since fortunately, the worst case scenario was prevented, they are still trying to completely strip Ukraine their access to the Black Sea and industrial heartland. Let's also not forget about Crimea.
I mean, I get where you're coming from. But what fair deal could possibly be struck in the current political environment ? We are dealing with a fascist leader and nuclear power, who questioned the existence of whole countries and peoples on national broadcast. Whose rhetoric has been for many years, based around a "Greater Russia", consisting of ex Soviet enclaves and buffers, which now happen to comprise nations, that regained their independence from two tyrannic Russian entities, succeeded by another in 1991. Coupled with a society that since has been subjected to and manipulated by endless "holy Russia" vs the "satanic gay West" and whatnot other pseudo-religeous hate-mongering.
It's not like the West wasn't still talking to them. But at this point, Putin and Russia are refusing any compromise, that doesn't bend over and violate their victim. The other side may also think and act in influence spheres and exploitation, but that so called West is not the main reason why most of those countries chose to strife towards the Western world or at least be under NATO protection. It's Russia being Russia. They always had and still have their own twisted vision of border constellations and assertive, dominance hinged "diplomacy" and trade. We are just very lucky ( or perhaps very unlucky ), that Russia is governed by heavy corruption and in a relatively weak state, instead of becoming a genuine super power after the breakup, with lot more to offer and allies than the West.
We won't ever be able to strike fair deals with them under such circumstances. Not when they refuse to adjust their mindset and political goals to at least respect the basic souvereignity and rights of others. Who have every right to chose what they are alligned with, even if some Western actors thought their interests were inconsequential to their own or "the greater picture", and I get that. But once again, we are currently dealing with an entity, who makes impossible demands and is willing to use force when threats won't work. It's like trying to be the "nice guy" by striking compromising deals with a home invading bully, over the heads of the victims, in breach of existing laws. We can argue all day the about the Wests complicitness in it. But that's the situation we are in right now.

Last edited:
Back