Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Putin is smart enough to know that fighting NATO means the end of his Greater Russia dreams.

True, but he can fearmonger and keep his people stirred up. Fighting Nazis, fighting the West, Russians will buy into that crap and make some accept the appalling casualties in the Ukraine. Just standard dictator stuff. What was it Stalin said, something like show me the man and I'll show you the crime? Putin's kind of like "show me the country and I'll show you its aggression." It plays to his base and keeps the masses from speaking out as much.

Putin's trying to disinform by equating depleted uranium with nuclear assets.

Putin is smart enough to know that fighting NATO means the end of his Greater Russia dreams.

True...but he's been super-charged after his summit with Xi. They pumped up the volume on the anti-NATO partnership in a number of categories and Xi's facade of remaining neutral has effectively dissolved.

The current situation can only escalate.

Last edited:
Putin's trying to disinform by equating depleted uranium with nuclear assets.

True...but he's been super-charged after his summit with Xi. They pumped up the volume on the anti-NATO partnership in a number of categories and Xi's facade of remaining neutral has effectively dissolved. This was a huge step for the PRC to take. I think it's only a matter of months before large shipments of Chinese munitions, armor and weapons systems are openly sent to Russia, as a counter to NATO's similar actions for Ukraine.

The US is going to send M1-A1s and Patriot batteries. Ukrainians are training on these systems at Ft Sill. Given the increasing NATO support for Ukraine, I think Xi--in his rationale--would feel wholly justified in supplying arms to Russia.

Agree, the counter to that is to send more modern stuff to Taiwan, but Biden won't risk Hunter's funding source.

Maybe we only wish he was smart enough.
Another First Alert or two from dataminr.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Ryabkov says plans for deployment of Russian tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus should force NATO to assess seriousness of current situation: Local News Outlet via Public Telegram Board.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Ryabkov says country will no longer inform US about missile tests: News Outlet via Associated Press.
Russia stops sharing missile test info with US, opens drills

And now they've arrested a WSJ reporter on charges of espionage. Russia arrests Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich, accuses him of "spying" for U.S.
Moscow — An American reporter for The Wall Street Journal has been arrested in Russia on charges of spying for Washington, Russia's FSB security services said Thursday. The announcement marks a serious escalation in Kremlin's efforts to silence perceived critics, a crackdown that gained momentum following Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine last year.

Yeah, but we'll trade an arms dealer to get you out.

lulz

A white male reporter for any news organization carries the same weight as a non-white, lesbian athlete with a major social media presence?

Evan will be lucky if we trade 3 of the Four Seasons staff for his ass.
---
Break, break...you are an absolute to the core dumbass of a journalist if you think nations like Russia and China (and their proxies) respect journalists the way we do in the West. Fourth Estate, please. Better learn learn to play basketball and change yo' pronouns, son. "He/him" is soon to be "Arrested/ convicted."

IIRC we nailed a Russian for spying a week or so ago. Individual crossed in from Mexico. Standard Cold War tit for tat.
The article I posted discusses that before he was arrested, there was something like 200 Russian spies arrested last week. They are getting bad. I’ve tried to act like a Brazilian student going to John Hopkins and wanted a job on the international court in Hague.

Back