US Army SOF Photos

I like the old "D" images. Classic. I had heard they used to have the black field jackets, but had never seen them. I'm pretty sure they were gone before my day at that level. Never thought to ask any of my buddies there about those jackets over the years. One of my crew members actually went there from DEV.

He had gotten out during the frustration of Clinton's reign. Then, when he tried to return to DEV at the start of this war, our MC apparently told him to go back to the "vanilla" teams and work his way back up. So, he ended up calling an Army recruiter and went the green route to get in the game more quickly. Now, he's done both units. Interesting career, no doubt.

Somalia-1.jpg

090528a6095h074.jpg

Soldiers from unit of the Special Operations Command salute during the memorial ceremony of 36 fallen U.S. Army Special Operations Soldiers at the USASOC Memorial Plaza on May 28, 2009 at Fort Bragg, N.C. (U.S. Army photo by Trish Harris)

Some Black Daggers action:
090417a6095h220.jpg

090417a6095h204.jpg

A member of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Parachute Demonstration Team, The Black Daggers, performs a skydiving demonstration at Jordan Lake N.C. during Warriors on the Water on April 17, 2009. Warriors on the Water is an annual fishing tournament that pairs military service members stationed in N.C. with professional fisherman. (U.S. Army photo by Trish Harris)

090417a6095h390.jpg

The Black Daggers, the U.S. Army Special Operations Parachute Team, perform for Warriors on the Water by skydiving into Jordan Lake N.C. on April 17, 2009. Warriors on the Water is an annual fishing tournament that pairs military service members stationed in N.C. with professional fisherman. (U.S. Army photo by Trish Harris)

090524a6095h992.jpg

GROM operator (now former Unit member) and a Delta Sergeant during a combined training in Poland in 1998:

2sahsfb.jpg

(it was also the first time - as far as I know - the 160th was in Poland)

610xvvi.jpg

610xirl.jpg

Jordanian and U.S. Special Forces simulate an operation to free hostages in a building, during a demonstration of skills at the official inauguration of the U.S.-funded King Abdullah Special Operations Training Centre in Amman May 19, 2009. The centre aims to be a regional base for urban warfare training.

hires_080925-F-6655M-004a.jpg

Download Hires

hires_080925-F-6655M-008a.jpg

Download Hires

hires_080925-F-6655M-040b.jpg

Download Hires

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVnHLEfNWXc&fmt=18[/ame]

Embeding disabled.. double click on the screen to view it on youtube main page.

Back