US Army SOF Photos

Nothing screams "screw stealth I'm from Murica!" like a giant ass U.S. flag on your chest in the middle of a warzone. Still, gotta at least give him props for the "fuck the enemy, this is who's coming for you" factor it produces. Guess you can weigh one against the other.
Lots of non-subdued flags including a huge chest piece was popular in Delta for some reason.

I have an IR flag is pealed apart so it is just black on the face. I wear that on my chest as my "No Quarter" flag.

Few photos US Army SOF mostly with FN Scar (sry for any repost):
socomscarh1.jpg

haalasariiraqmarch28201.jpg

ldo5s.jpg

scarseal1.jpg

3911376276371792837.jpg

calvinharrisonandmarkfo.jpg

tumblrlcnsd7zj1x1qzl3eh.jpg

4780210259bd33fbc00ao.jpg

scar270050.jpg

scarsqplp0.jpg

333scar.jpg

dsc01691gt.jpg

1265256658032.jpg

1265256628044.jpg

markdonkey.jpg

d086c863.jpg
dscf6014.jpg

Pic.jpg

08aa0fee.jpg
1290229104938.jpg

It's plausible... but theres only a handful of contracting gigs that will have guys going out in NODs and camoflauge.

Still doesn't explain the grenade launcher (if in fact that is a M320, which it looks like). OGA paramilitary or B-dub - I don't think they can have grenade launchers.
Almost positive it is OGA. I won't say the contract/program here though.
I vote we leave that topic off the open forum haha.

2rww2gz.jpg

US Armed Forces occupied Kosovo in June 1999. The 10th Special Forces Group A Detachment 092 in January 2002 posed with Russian counterparts, who shared their potentially explosive Southeastern sector near Kamencia, along the border between Kosovo Province and Serbia Proper.

Haha the midget picture is too cool. I remember rummaging through a house in Ramadi and coming upon a couple photos of a little hadji man. Wasn't there a midget sniper that was wreaking havoc in IZ too?

Dude, I was doing a village assessment for someone way beyond my pay grade... I'm cruising through this hole in the Kandahar province. The name of the village slips me. I'm walking around check out the scene. Talking with a few folks here and there. All the of the sudden here comes this dude with chains around his feet and hobbled like a donkey. His head is shaved and he's gimping. I'm like; What the fuck is this, my partner and I are backing up looking around. I look at him he looks at me and we say almost at the same time' "what the fuck is that.' I'm ready to smoke this guy. I tell my terp. "Tell them fuckers to stop, stop right now!" Now I had seen some shit but this one took me a minute. It was like Quesemotto of Norde Dame or however you spell that shit. Now I'm stepping back hand on my weapon at low ready trying to be cool, my partner circles around me and flanks this guy wide. This ugly little bastard freaked me the fuck out for about 3 seconds. I got my cool face on gathered myself and my Terp starts laughing his ass off. They had a long lead chain on this guy and he was the village idiot retard. You just can't make this shit up.

In ACU? :-/

IFF. You don't want to get shot up by mother Army.

I've got some wild stories about village idiots in Northern Iraq. We found "my cousin Bilow" locked up in a closet. Remember in Borat, "you will never get this, you will never get this...but then one day he broke out of his cage and he got...that". We could see where he broke through the bars and then they repaired it. This dude was reaching through the bars and taking swats at us every time we passed while we were on the objective. Our 18D felt bad and gave him an apple he had taken from the chow hall. Old boy ate that motherfucker core and all. Mental health care leaves much to be desired in Iraq...

Just awesome.

603017w4xd5.jpg

Adm. William H. McRaven, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command pins on the Distinguished Service Cross on Chief Warrant Officer Jason W. Myers, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) for his actions on March 27, 2010. Myers distinguished himself along a single lane road in the mountains of Afghanistan where his patrol was ambushed by an enemy force of approximately 75 to 100 insurgents. During this ambush Myers took command of the situation by directing movement, return fire and medical aide all while exposing himself to enemy machine guns and rocket propelled grenades.

60301982g7e.jpg

Staff Sgt. Corey M. Calkins, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) shakes the hand of Adm. William H. McRaven, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command after receiving the Distinguished Service Cross for his actions on Feb. 18, 2010, as part of a dismounted patrol cosseting of U.S. Army, Marines and Afghan National Army Soldiers. During this patrol Calkins faced a formidable size enemy force in fortified positions. Facing this threat, Calkins assaulted his way through the area successfully suppressing the enemy force to allow the safe evacuation of three injured Marines.

60301847gj5.jpg

Staff Sgt. Corey M. Calkins stands and applauds as Chief Warrant Officer Jason W. Myers receives the Distinguished Service Cross from Adm. William H. McRaven, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command for his actions on March 27, 2010. Myers distinguished himself along a single lane road in the mountains of Afghanistan where his patrol was ambushed by an enemy force of approximately 75 to 100 insurgents. Calkins also received the Distinguished Service Cross for his actions on Feb. 18, 2010.

Why are Chief Myers and SGT Calkins jump wings and SF pin on different?

Assuming you are asking why one badge is on the left side on one of them, but on the right on the other, it's because the SF Tab and jump wings are both in group 4 of AR 670-1, so there is no order of precedence. Typically, badges will be worn from right to left in order of group precedence (groups 1-5).

Assuming you are asking why one badge is on the left side on one of them, but on the right on the other, it's because the SF Tab and jump wings are both in group 4 of AR 670-1, so there is no order of precedence. Typically, badges will be worn from right to left in order of group precedence (groups 1-5).
Yes that's what I was asking, could have worded that better. Thanks for the answer.

24dk4dv.jpg

2aoyz8.jpg

ac8m0p.jpg

2lxgvbp.jpg

11wasea.jpg

106gcjm.jpg

20sbqsz.jpg

On June 24, the 36th CAB teamed with personnel from the Air Guard and the 1-19th Special Forces Group for a joint air assault and medical evacuation exercise at Camp McGregor, N.M. The training helped prepare imminently deploying units for their overseas missions as well as reinforce cooperation between different units within the Texas Military Forces.

Back