Dieting and Living....

TLDR20 , are the 3 eggs for breakfast your only real source of protein for the entire day until you hit dinner time?

Paleo/Clean - 100% on the food, that's pretty easy for me.
Fri/Sat/Sun - I drink some beer

Life got in the way a few months ago and I went back to old food habits, holy shit does the weight pile back on fast. Got back in the game a few days ago and already notice a difference in how clothes fit.

For those that cut weight what did you do?
I eat nothing but lean meats for a week or so at a time, with carb refeeds the night before big workouts. When I get my 180 or so grams of protein, I end up with probably about 2,700-3k Cal which is definitely a deficit for me. Protein is the most thermogenic macro, and I'd also rather suffer on a week-on/week-off cycle than for long periods of time.

I eat nothing but lean meats for a week or so at a time, with carb refeeds the night before big workouts. When I get my 180 or so grams of protein, I end up with probably about 2,700-3k Cal which is definitely a deficit for me. Protein is the most thermogenic macro, and I'd also rather suffer on a week-on/week-off cycle than for long periods of time.
I've always liked this way of dieting. It's a little easier to maintain when life gets shitty. I just don't find I have the best performance after about 3-4 days off.

I appreciate it. I googled and found some NIH links but they wont open at work for some reason. Good info.

I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch 7 days a week. 3 egg whites scrambled with ham, kale and onion. Kale salad, homemade dressing, walnuts and cranberries. Dinner and drinks are our variables. We tend to cook two large meals a week, then eat those meals in some form the rest of the week. We don't eat any bread, or carbs for the most part.

TLDR20

Have you looked into the kale/collard greens (cruciferous) and hyprthyroidism? My diet consist of shakes and tacos. For shakes I use butter squash as a base and throw in, protein, hemp seed, fruits, and veggies. I was using around a cup of kale in each shake until a buddy told me to researched crueciferous veggies. Its worth looking into if you consume a lot of kale. I still eat kale just not as much. Not trying to nitpick your diet just a heads up.

http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2014/01/the-dark-side-of-kale-and-how-to-eat-around-it

TLDR20

Have you looked into the kale/collard greens (cruciferous) and hyprthyroidism? My diet consist of shakes and tacos. For shakes I use butter squash as a base and throw in, protein, hemp seed, fruits, and veggies. I was using around a cup of kale in each shake until a buddy told me to researched crueciferous veggies. Its worth looking into if you consume a lot of kale. I still eat kale just not as much. Not trying to nitpick your diet just a heads up.

http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2014/01/the-dark-side-of-kale-and-how-to-eat-around-it

I don't consume my body weight in Kale. Those studies show that you have to eat A TON of kale to have any issues.

Started tonight with a broccoli and sweet potato hash and baked chicken. Had enough hash left to meal prep tomorrow's lunch and supper. Made a scramble with kale, little sweeties, and tomatoes add two pieces of applewood smoked bacon.

Be smart with the meal plan. I was just eating everything I cared for before going into the desert and then three weeks of MREs packed on some BS weight. Not enough pushups.

What are you trying to achieve? I can and so can everyone else give you advice but what is your end result. Are you trying to just lose weight, is this your 600 lbs life and trying for surgery, look lean mean fighting machine. I got 3 different diets for all 3. My guess everyone else here can say the same. Please tell us what you are striving for.

I did a detox diet 30 days ago. Lost 10 lbs. My loving and beautiful wife decided to start it yesterday. I am continuing the diet with her. She is a carb hound. She is in her second day and I am ready to kill her....mean dieter. I will go farther after you tell us your end game

I did a detox diet 30 days ago. Lost 10 lbs. My loving and beautiful wife decided to start it yesterday. I am continuing the diet with her. She is a carb hound. She is in her second day and I am ready to kill her....mean dieter. I will go farther after you tell us your end game

I'd like to see what the detox diet is.

Back