Dieting and Living....

Low carb, very low sugar, high(er) protein. I don't really "count" calories, nor do I not go off the reservation....I gotta have my pizza and beer, and given that in a span of 6 weeks I have to celebrate 5 birthdays and Thanksgiving, I will most definitely be imbibing in some bad stuff.....

I'm going on a sheep hunt in December and elk in january...think we'll call the product full paleo. I'm going to a mix of bro diet and paleo...white rice my lover.

I'm going on a sheep hunt in December and elk in january...think we'll call the product full paleo. I'm going to a mix of bro diet and paleo...white rice my lover.

I'm the same sometimes, except with brown rice. You just can't beat 51 cents a lb, and it lasting for 4 days. I think I have enough brown rice in the pantry to last me a decade..

Where are you going for the Elk?

Happy New Year!

Any new year's diets or anything like that? Curious to see what all are up to.

Happy New Year!

Any new year's diets or anything like that? Curious to see what all are up to.

Detox from the holiday sugarfest, seriously cut back on the booze, and keep up with everything else. My weight remains within the standard deviation both pre- and post-holidays, so I am in good shape.

A video that both backs up my earlier post (#38) and to show what we should be eating.
My take on this, is that the Paleo diet etc... is generally on the right track with eating natural, whole foods. However the whole mindset of eating grains, carbs etc... is bad and not what was eaten by our ancestors, is completely false.
IMO the Paleo diet has taken on a semi religious aura, much like crossfit. The founders/proponents of the diet, have filled the scientific gaps in our knowledge with their own "facts" which don't stand up to examination.

Enjoy...

Pardus, I have the Paleo Diet for Athletes, have not finished it. It seems to be geared specifically towards endurance athletes as well. I've seen that video, all I know is when I was at 100% Paleo...tough shit right there I was at my lightest. Was pretty fast too. However, I will point out that if I'm pretty strict myself I'll be going 80/20 and not drinking beer...how could I forsake my beloved alcohol.

PT has been pretty shitty, put on some weight before going on TDY where the only food was fast food. A little fat, but I'm always good at knocking off the bullshit from a weekend, it's maintaining gains that's been hard. Going to set my mind to it though. Need to get faster on the pitch.

My buddy who is a physique pro posted his home made burrito bowl which was just ground beef, spinach, and rice. I did something similar for this week's meal prep since coming off pass. Prepped four meals with chicken, broccoli, white rice, and spinach. Tasted real good.

Last edited:
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread...it helps.

Here is what I learned today and will add...the better a beer tastes, the more calories it likely has. (especially IPA's) For example, my new favorite:

One 12 oz Double Crooked Tree I.P.A. has 408 calories.

That is one beer, four-hundred-and-eight calories.

Two beers? Likely you had 'something' with them...you are up to 1000 calories...just two beers.

Damn.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread...it helps.

Here is what I learned today and will add...the better a beer tastes, the more calories it likely has. (especially IPA's) For example, my new favorite:

One 12 oz Double Crooked Tree I.P.A. has 408 calories.

That is one beer, four-hundred-and-eight calories.

Two beers? Likely you had 'something' with them...you are up to 1000 calories...just two beers.

Damn.

Drink Guinness MOFO!

Realbeer.com: Beer Alcohol Content And Carbs In Beer

4707656816_0a5ec48321.jpg

Back