Dieting and Living....

It's still not a beer that people sit down with the intention of drinking 3 or 4+ in one sitting. And 4.5 - 5% is on the highest end of what is considered a 'session' beer. The ABV of a stout is only one of its characteristics. Most revolve around the way it's brewed, less with how strong it is once bottled.

I am 28/28 days for working out since getting back from NTC. I've lost 14 lbs, never gaining like that again. Making spaghetti squash, green chile elk meatballs, spicy marinara. This last week was my first for two-a-days for the week...was going to hit a lift at lunch Friday but all of sudden I just it all at about 1030.

Good on ya @ThunderHorse - Crazy shit going on at home, I'm using it as an excuse to eat/drink like a clown.

Stupid - Sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to run out of "starting tomorrow..."

So I've been doing Weight Watchers online app for the past month. down 26 pounds so far - Paleo, clean, Atkins, etc...I've done them all, with great success...until it wasn't.

What have I learned the past month? That I can pretty much eat/drink whatever I want...just in significantly less portions. But, trade 'this' for 'that', and you'd be amazed at how much you can put away, and still drop weight.

Prior to beginning W.W. I was averaging about 90 to 100 points per day ( it sure did not seem like it), now I am closer to 50, and still get 1 or 2 evening beers in. You get extra points for working out< (but I don't take the points), and eventually I'd like to get off the program and go towards a 'clean' life-style. For now though, this is working well...just thought I'd share.

Weight Watchers may seem gay as fuck, but five pounds this past week. To be fair I work out nearly every day, but food has always been my self-sabotage - fuck Oprah and her "I like Bread" commercial. I like beer, and I still drink it!

Weight Watchers may seem gay as fuck, but five pounds this past week. To be fair I work out nearly every day, but food has always been my self-sabotage - fuck Oprah and her "I like Bread" commercial. I like beer, and I still drink it!

Stick with it - I know for a fact that it works.

Congratulations on the loss. Their product helps you with making long-term life changes.

So havent had my BP checked in 20 yrs and got a bad read. 180-went down after 5 checks to 164. Not good..On a big health kick now. Bananas, kiwis, sunflower seeds, watermelon, gross spinach and broccoli. etc. As an agoraphobic someone got me walking. Have a beautiful forest with trails across the street from me. As a new walker and slow walker just did 3.4 km in 34 min yesterday after our 4th walk. Already my pants are falling down lol Whichever route you choose to go-as long as it works-much luck to you and your health.

So havent had my BP checked in 20 yrs and got a bad read. 180-went down after 5 checks to 164. Not good..On a big health kick now. Bananas, kiwis, sunflower seeds, watermelon, gross spinach and broccoli. etc. As an agoraphobic someone got me walking. Have a beautiful forest with trails across the street from me. As a new walker and slow walker just did 3.4 km in 34 min yesterday after our 4th walk. Already my pants are falling down lol Whichever route you choose to go-as long as it works-much luck to you and your health.

Way to go. It takes guts to beat your fear and your fat.

Keeping striding, MM!

Great that you are out there and taking advantage of the walking trails. There are folks who drive miles to get to walking paths like you have.

I don't count calories, I don't do programs...I eat paleISH. I have worked out everyday since 1 February 2016, twice a day during the work week since about 22 February. I have lost 22 lbs since 1 Feb. I do ration myself to three drinks during the weekends...today I went sheep hunting, holy frick that was tough.

Proper periods of rest, rehab and recuperation are just as important to your body as putting it through the ringer. I don't think you'll find a single trainer/coach/nutritionist/expert in the field who would recommend working out 50 days straight. You need to let your body rest, otherwise your strength gains or weight loss (or both) will hit a plateau and hit it hard.

I definitely understand what you're saying man. Over my last six week cycle I had two bad workouts and it sucked. I got fat while being an OC at NTC during January and it was not good. I just know that I haven't pushed myself to be where I could be. Every time I've gotten down to 185 I've just gone back up. And I just can't do that any more. I'm at 195 and look as lean as I had at 185 which isn't enough, so I figure I'll need to cut down to 175 and then slowly do a lean bulk back to 185 to maintain decent mass and retain strength IOT to play well as a forward on the Rugby pitch.

I heard for walking at a brisk pace-3 times a week is good. I get winded of course but that will pass I assume the more I do it.Have to keep the heart rate up though. Maybe self defense will help.

So, I scheduled an appointment with the Ft Bliss Wellness Center...their program for the basic piece is set up in three appointments.
Appt 1: Metabolic Testing and Body Composition
Then if you have a weight loss goal, or they determine you are a fatty and give you a weight loss goal you must lose 20% of that you are allowed to go for your VO2 Max.
Appt 2: Metabolic Rate test results, VO2 Max
Appt 3: Metabolic Testing and Body Composition post-test

But, the appointment is a month out, it's small, but highly impacted with a lot of dependents and DA civilians using it in addition to Soldiers. What sucks is you have can't do strenuous activity 14 hours prior and moderate activity 5 hours prior in addition to fasting the 5 hours prior and I tend to smash a lot of water before PT in the AM so I'll have to program myself in.

You are lapping everyone on the couch. Bravo!

Weight Watchers update -

Not a great week (burger/fries Wednesday night and too much beer this week) plus I missed three days of cardio.

Still dropped 4 pounds.

That re energizes me !!!

I fought the concept of WW for years because it sounded gay. Fuck that. A couple months into this and it has taught me better portion control, and that if I eat the right stuff...I can eat a lot!

Fruit is free (no points) and a fruit salad that is two or three days old, the juices mixed in, is freeking amazing.

Don't even get me started on how good sliced tomatoes with some salt/pepper on a slice of toasted pita bread is!

Last edited:
I just thought about this...Weight Watchers is basically IIFYM. Good on you man for your grind.

I do a lot of food prep during the weekend and like I said I don't count calories or points. In fact I'm going to up my protein again this week and see if I continue dropping. I hit 192.4 yesterday on the scale...hit the second goal and time to pay up for the reward. Custom Powerlifting Belt...I've settled on Inzer or Best Belts, anyone have opinions?

Back