Dieting and Living....

What are you trying to achieve? I can and so can everyone else give you advice but what is your end result. Are you trying to just lose weight, is this your 600 lbs life and trying for surgery, look lean mean fighting machine. I got 3 different diets for all 3. My guess everyone else here can say the same. Please tell us what you are striving for.

I did a detox diet 30 days ago. Lost 10 lbs. My loving and beautiful wife decided to start it yesterday. I am continuing the diet with her. She is a carb hound. She is in her second day and I am ready to kill her....mean dieter. I will go farther after you tell us your end game
Right now I'm trying to shed just ten lbs, let myself get a little fat. But then move to lean mean fighting machine.

Detoxing is a joke.
Could you explain that for the unwashed masses?

Well first I would wonder what "toxins" you are detoxing. Your body has a natural system in place to "detox" your body. You have filters all over and this crazy big organ called a liver that detoxes your body everyday,24/7, 365. Most of these cleanses or detoxes have little to no scientific backing and these magical detoxifiers are in such low concentrations that you probably are not even ingesting anything helpful. These detox diets are snake oil 2015.

However if by detox you mean you stop ingesting things like ETOH, certain meats, processed foods, I would say that is great, and is what is called a diet not a "detox"

I'm down from 230lbs to 200lbs. Started dieting again in June. Been doing IF, fasting for 16-18 hours then eating two big meals. It's much less hassle meeting your macro amounts for the day. My strength is coming back up and I'm never tired.

I'm down from 230lbs to 200lbs. Started dieting again in June. Been doing IF, fasting for 16-18 hours then eating two big meals. It's much less hassle meeting your macro amounts for the day. My strength is coming back up and I'm never tired.

Two questions:

1. How do you time your workouts with your meals?

2. How is your hunger during the fast?

Two questions:

1. How do you time your workouts with your meals?

2. How is your hunger during the fast?

I take BCAA prior to training but that's it, so I'm working out in the morning around 10-11am fasted, then I have my first meal around 12-3pm. If I intend to push my meal later as in not within an hour of finishing my training then I have another 10g of BCAA.

I'm never hungry and not deprived. My current macros consist of 150grams of carbs, 40-50 of that I have in low fat ice cream with no ill effects that I can tell of.

That's interesting, dieting is partially about intestinal fortitude, but the other piece is science of satiety.

This last week I had three fruits during the day: Banana, Apple, Orange.

Breakfast: 2xbacon, 2 egg scramble with tomato and spinach.
Lunch: Steak w/ brussels sprouts
Supper: Salad of green leaf lettuce, tomatoes and carrots.

Drank only water for the most part...this week will be about the same.

Lunch will be pork loin chop w/papitas (sweet potatoes)
Dinner: sald w/ oven fried chicken.

I didn't want to start a new thread devoted solely to multivitamins, so I figured I'd post in here. I leave for deployment in the next few months and I'll be subjected to fairly crappy food for the most part. Aside from what solid food will be available on the ship, I'd like to order some multivitamins to take with me as well. Here are my thoughts, please let me know what you all think.
-Vitamin C is a must for general immune health as I'll be captive with 300 other mouth-breathers
-Fish oil for Omega 3 & fatty acids, EPA & DHA are the 2 important ingredients
What else should I be looking for in terms of additional immune health and filling potential nutritional gaps that I'll experience. Are multivitamins best or should I pick and choose specific items?
Thank you all in advance for any help/advice.

I didn't want to start a new thread devoted solely to multivitamins, so I figured I'd post in here. I leave for deployment in the next few months and I'll be subjected to fairly crappy food for the most part. Aside from what solid food will be available on the ship, I'd like to order some multivitamins to take with me as well. Here are my thoughts, please let me know what you all think.
-Vitamin C is a must for general immune health as I'll be captive with 300 other mouth-breathers
-Fish oil for Omega 3 & fatty acids, EPA & DHA are the 2 important ingredients
What else should I be looking for in terms of additional immune health and filling potential nutritional gaps that I'll experience. Are multivitamins best or should I pick and choose specific items?
Thank you all in advance for any help/advice.

Zinc is a better choice for general immune system health. I would recommend a couple of Biotest products. The first is Flameout, which is concentrated fish oil, and the second is their ElitePro Mineral supplement. With poor diets, it's typically mineral deficiency that plays a larger role in negative training effects than it is vitamin deficiency.

Zinc is a better choice for general immune system health. I would recommend a couple of Biotest products. The first is Flameout, which is concentrated fish oil, and the second is their ElitePro Mineral supplement. With poor diets, it's typically mineral deficiency that plays a larger role in negative training effects than it is vitamin deficiency.
I checked out their stuff and I'll definitely be placing an oder with them pre-deployment. Would your recommendation stay the same with the bold not being considered? My concern for training is going to be next to nothing while deployed. And I'm asking because I don't know, not because I don't trust your suggestion. Are there any other nutritional reccomendations you'd make if you had to leave for deployment tomorrow knowing what you do from your previous time at sea?
Thanks in advance, bro, it's always apreciated.

I checked out their stuff and I'll definitely be placing an oder with them pre-deployment. Would your recommendation stay the same with the bold not being considered? My concern for training is going to be next to nothing while deployed. And I'm asking because I don't know, not because I don't trust your suggestion. Are there any other nutritional reccomendations you'd make if you had to leave for deployment tomorrow knowing what you do from your previous time at sea?
Thanks in advance, bro, it's always apreciated.

The ships I was on, it wasn't terrible. Food is usually better out at sea. There was always a salad bar with tuna and shit. Myself and the guys I PT'd with usually chowed down on that. Clean mass gainer powder can come in pretty handy as well. We would also typically try and stock up on jerky, canned tuna, dried fruit, etc. whenever we were in port. Just remember, even if you gotta make a less than stellar choice, eat. It's a deployment, so the NutriNazi gods will be ok with you getting in the calories you need in less than ideal ways.

Straight Calorie restrictive cutting right now...protein shake for breakfast. Knocked off some bullshit, going to cycle back onto an eggs scramble at the end of this week. Think I hit a wall in my training on bench...wasn't able to get to 265 on bench yesterday.

Just curious what is everyone doing now for the fall\winter?

I'm seeing how much beer and pizza I can consume every night...want to give myself something to work towards when I make yet another futile New Year's Resolution. :wall:

Back