Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

View attachment 15581 View attachment 15582

This is Napoleon. He's only eight weeks old and weighs less than two pounds, but he's already been through quite a lot. Found him in the middle of the road, dragging his back legs on the ground behind him. I scooped him up into the car and ran him to the animal hospital, where I was told he had been hit by a car which fractured his hip, along with giving him those scratches and bumps on his face. After he got his shots and medication, I took him home and he's been on the mend. He's a real survivor! :thumbsup:

You have joined the ranks of real Heros, JS. Without you intervention and care........I just don't want to go there; some dust in the room here or something. Napoleon, looks right at home in his new digs. I know he is in a good home with someone to care for and love him. You two will enjoy life together. Good on ya, JS!!

View attachment 15581 View attachment 15582

This is Napoleon. He's only eight weeks old and weighs less than two pounds, but he's already been through quite a lot. Found him in the middle of the road, dragging his back legs on the ground behind him. I scooped him up into the car and ran him to the animal hospital, where I was told he had been hit by a car which fractured his hip, along with giving him those scratches and bumps on his face. After he got his shots and medication, I took him home and he's been on the mend. He's a real survivor! :thumbsup:

What are you having to do for the broken hip?

What are you having to do for the broken hip?

It's only a small fracture and given how young he is, his bones are mostly cartilage and so he can heal on his own. All we have to do is give him a small amount of pain medication and let him get some rest.

You have joined the ranks of real Heros, JS. Without you intervention and care........I just don't want to go there; some dust in the room here or something. Napoleon, looks right at home in his new digs. I know he is in a good home with someone to care for and love him. You two will enjoy life together. Good on ya, JS!!

Thank you for the kind words, but it really was a team effort. My whole family, especially my sister, played just as big a part in saving and caring for Napoleon. The vets and staff at the animal hospital also did a great job, with timely care and a lot of good advice.

Camp X-Ray. Robby, TR, Benny.

image_22.jpeg

Last edited:
We are on the search for another rescue after having to put down Jake a little over a year ago. I'd prefer a German Shepherd, but any large dog will do if he/she is the right dog for us. My wife, kids, and I went to the shelter last weekend but the pooch we went to see had been adopted three hours earlier. She was a nine year old German Shepherd. Glad to see someone else was kind enough to think of adopting a senior.

We are on the search for another rescue after having to put down Jake a little over a year ago. I'd prefer a German Shepherd, but any large dog will do if he/she is the right dog for us. My wife, kids, and I went to the shelter last weekend but the pooch we went to see had been adopted three hours earlier. She was a nine year old German Shepherd. Glad to see someone else was kind enough to think of adopting a senior.

Good on your for looking for rescue dogs - especially senior aged dogs. My last two were rescues - great dogs...we are at the point of looking at another dog again as our Cocker (Charlie) is getting up there in age...

They look pretty contented for living with somebody who doesn't like cats. ;-):D

They lay on the heater next to my desk when I work. Sushi is on the left, Jammer is on the right.

As soon as I sit in my recliner, Sushi is on my stomach when I try to type on the laptop...just took this with the laptop's camera. The stupid cats obviously didn't get the memo. lol

sushi.jpg

Two of my four cats, all of them are rescues. I don't even like cats very much...

I love the dark accents around the eyes. A feline sleeping on a window sill, catching some warm sun always makes me stop and watch for a while. I'm am always torn between letting the feline be, and just petting him/her for just a little bit. The latter, I guess, is being rather selfish.

Back