Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

5c4fa3d62278fc72cd9d82e6dec6aa58.png

It's a decent picture if you disregard that spit.

That neck ring^^^^^^^ beats the hell out of the "lamp shade" cones I always had to deal with.

I'm hoping the surgery was an elective procedure, and not anything life threatening. TR looks pretty good!

Thanks, J. He's been a pretty good patient. No, it was a routine neutering. We didn't want him running all over the place chasing bitches in heat and risk him getting hit by a car.

FYI The neck ring is inflatable and I think TR actually likes it because it's like a pillow. Made by some outfit called ProCollar, distributed by G&B Marketing out of Vista, CA.

Last edited:
Thanks, J. He's been a pretty good patient. No, it was a routine neutering. We weren't planning to breed him. His mom is AKC registered but his dad isn't. We didn't want him running all over the place chasing bitches in heat and risk him getting hit by a car.

I think it's the smart move. Many of the critters we have had were resues, or from ASPCA. The latter make it a requirement, and even stipend some of the cost.

Aw, who's a good boy? Beautiful Mal. They've got some tongues on them, don't they?

They sure do. Always excited to see TR pics and updates. Makes me want to go out and take more pictures. :sneaky:

That is a beautiful dog. I think Mals are amazing animals, I just don't have the time to tire one out...

Thank you! Don't think I'll go back to another breed. They're a lot of work but it's all worth it. I've seen some real mellow ones, but they're the exception. The rescues tend to have a number of those.

They sure do. Always excited to see TR pics and updates. Makes me want to go out and take more pictures. :sneaky:

Thank you! Don't think I'll go back to another breed. They're a lot of work but it's all worth it. I've seen some real mellow ones, but they're the exception. The rescues tend to have a number of those.

My photography sucks...plus it's hard to get him to stay still long enough get a picture that's not blurred. Instructions from the vet: No running, jumping for 10-14 days. Bwaaaaaahaaaaaaa, we're talking a Mal here. He was cooped up most of the weekend and going absolutely nuts so I let him out to chase some birds this morning...in his inflatable donut. :D

View attachment 16491
After searching for the right German Shepherd for our family through a few local GS rescue groups, and multiple visits to the local SCPA and animal shelter, I am happy to share our newest member of our family. He's a roughly 7 to 9 month old lab who absolutely loves our kids. He's their shadow and when he can't be outside with them playing he just whines at the door. We have a lot of work to do with him in terms of obedience training, but he's already fitting right in with us.

View attachment 16491
After searching for the right German Shepherd for our family through a few local GS rescue groups, and multiple visits to the local SCPA and animal shelter, I am happy to share our newest member of our family. He's a roughly 7 to 9 month old lab who absolutely loves our kids. He's their shadow and when he can't be outside with them playing he just whines at the door. We have a lot of work to do with him in terms of obedience training, but he's already fitting right in with us.

Last edited:
Labs are wonderful dogs. Congratulations @NavyBuyer, you've given that dog a family he'll love forever.

Now. An update on TrollPardus Rex. He got over his neutering in about 36 hours. Completely healed and ready for action. He's chewing the kitchen windowsills and floor molding. But that's ok because our Golden Retriever Benny was even a worse chewer when he was a pup. He chewed the wiring on my truck and flatbed trailer. TR is just eating the house. I can deal with that.

Last edited:
Back