Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

Was originally being trained to be donated to local PD, but handlers ended up declining because he did not have the ball-drive they required.
I can understand how the officers would want a dog with "ball drive", but I'd hate to be the perp being chased by a dog that has high levels of "ball drive".

Sounds very painful...

Okay. So Meadow was in great health and doing well, one day she just decided that it was the dogs last day for whatever reason and put her down. Nala got sick one day and wasn't even given a full 24hrs to make a recovery, she was put down. I understand why you are surprised.

Okay. So Meadow was in great health and doing well, one day she just decided that it was the dogs last day for whatever reason and put her down. Nala got sick one day and wasn't even given a full 24hrs to make a recovery, she was put down. I understand why you are surprised.

Last edited:
Did you beat your "moms" ass? Kill my dog your a dead mutherf#%ker period.

Our little community of around 55 families, call on me for everything, from tummy aches to strangers in the area. I took a phone call from a neighbor who had found a stray dog on our main drag, and she could not take care of her. When I get there, a small crowd had already gathered and they were trying to decide if she is from one of our neighbors; nope. So it's a small Spaniel mix that is trembling, malnourished, and a totally matted coat. I got her home, she inhaled a can of dog food, drank water, and sniffed around my two girls. She stinks to high heaven, so into the bath tub for a good warm bath and a better look at her. The news is not at all good. She is rather old, with her skin full of age spots. She has a bulge @ her left rib base that is probably a 4 cm tumor. There is a large free hanging mass on her tummy skin that is probably a large lymph node the size of a walnut. Her entire rear end has a large, ill-defined soft mass the size of my hand. This poor old gal is just full of cancer. What do ya do with this old gal?

For now, she is resting comfortably with a nice full tummy, a soft bed, and a warm house to sleep in. The local SPCA has not had any missing dog reports that fit her. If I take her to the "Shelter", she'll likely be on the next euthanasia truck. I just hate to see them suffer. I'll watch her and see how she does over the next few days. If I can keep her comfortable and see if she is having any pain. If she does OK, at least I can make her last days/weeks a little better.

If she's not in pain, just take good care of her until she passes. If she seems to be suffering, that's different but all dogs deserve a safe and caring home. You're a good man for taking her in.

Tail still wag? Make her happy until she isn't then make the call. You need money or food sent via Amazon let me know. She deserves it.

Our Cocker, Charlie, is showing his years and we are ready to add a second dog again. Family misses having a GSD so we've been on the look out.

A friend runs a Shepherd rescue and has had this guy for about a month. Going to take the wife/kids to meet him today - hoping it goes well!

18 months - 78 pounds - Male
"Havoc".

Was originally being trained to be donated to local PD, but handlers ended up declining because he did not have the ball-drive they required.

View attachment 17245

Damn Damn Damn.

Havoc did not pass the "kids" test. He came right up to me and Jen, tale a wagging and sniffing away. The two 13 years olds were next...nope. He did a 180 and went to a corner of the room - we tried for an hour, but the pup wanted little to do with them. He warmed up some towards the end, but was still skittish - I had to decline.

That's too much dog to factor in an 'oops'. Not going to chance it. That's what can happen when you go with a rescue dog, there is sometimes an unknown history that you have to factor it. Our first rescued Shepherd had some bad experiences before we got her....pissed everywhere when she got scared - we worked with her and she had nearly 12 great years, but was not good with strangers. Made it really hard to get folks to watch her when we were out, or even bring her anywhere. Not doing that again, especially with kids in the house.

There are more German Shepherds out there, and this guy will find a home, but I had to trust my gut, and not trust him. That's one of the reasons we are considering going with a respected breeder and getting a pup - we can control all of the variables in it's environment.

Damn it.

Damn Damn Damn.

Havoc did not pass the "kids" test. He came right up to me and Jen, tale a wagging and sniffing away. The two 13 years olds were next...nope. He did a 180 and went to a corner of the room - we tried for an hour, but the pup wanted little to do with them. He warmed up some towards the end, but was still skittish - I had to decline.

That's too much dog to factor in an 'oops'. Not going to chance it. That's what can happen when you go with a rescue dog, there is sometimes an unknown history that you have to factor it. Our first rescued Shepherd had some bad experiences before we got her....pissed everywhere when she got scared - we worked with her and she had nearly 12 great years, but was not good with strangers. Made it really hard to get folks to watch her when we were out, or even bring her anywhere. Not doing that again, especially with kids in the house.

There are more German Shepherds out there, and this guy will find a home, but I had to trust my gut, and not trust him. That's one of the reasons we are considering going with a respected breeder and getting a pup - we can control all of the variables in it's environment.

Damn it.

That sucks.

Back