Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

I've got a pup!

Well I will once he gets his shots and turns 8 weeks. Spent about an hour with the puppies today. Could not have been more impressed with the mom - she did not even bark when we got there; owner let her out of the barn and she just came up to us, sniffed a bit, let us pet her, and went and sat down next to her owner.

Going to be a long 3 weeks before I get get to take him home. Guess that gives me time to stock up on food, get a few chew toys, and find a nice crate for him to call home until he gets bigger.

Any advice will be well received and appreciated. This is my first GSD puppy, unlike the Golden's and labs I've had, I do not want to leave anything to change. I've been reading and watching videos on GSD pups - will get him signed up for some type of class as well.

The fact that he had the cigar-like piece of straw in his mouth sealed the deal for me!

F5D73110-0C56-45C0-B8F2-DD19470C9366_zpshnglwsbu.jpg

Looks like you got yourself a handsome pup there! Best of fortune with him! I've had one GSD many years ago and he was great dog.

I need a TR pic update for the new year :-)

Well...getting him to sit still for a few seconds is a challenge, but I managed to do it.

This first picture is of Jenny in her kitty basket atop the fridge. Jenny is TR's tormenter, his antagonist...and it tires her out so she retires to her kitty basket where she can keep an eye on all other, lesser creatures, including mere humans.

IMG_0630.JPG
Here is TrollPardus Rex, actually behaving for a second.
IMG_0640.JPG

Big YAWN. This is boring, Dad. I want something to destroy.
IMG_0642.JPG
Or EAT.
IMG_0644.JPG

I've got a pup!

Well I will once he gets his shots and turns 8 weeks. Spent about an hour with the puppies today. Could not have been more impressed with the mom - she did not even bark when we got there; owner let her out of the barn and she just came up to us, sniffed a bit, let us pet her, and went and sat down next to her owner.

Going to be a long 3 weeks before I get get to take him home. Guess that gives me time to stock up on food, get a few chew toys, and find a nice crate for him to call home until he gets bigger.

Any advice will be well received and appreciated. This is my first GSD puppy, unlike the Golden's and labs I've had, I do not want to leave anything to change. I've been reading and watching videos on GSD pups - will get him signed up for some type of class as well.

The fact that he had the cigar-like piece of straw in his mouth sealed the deal for me!

That's a handsome lil dude, bro :thumbsup:

I've got a pup!

- UPDATE -

A quick video - he's about 16 pounds today. (6 weeks). Those are some serious paws he is going to have to grow into!

Named him Monte (after my favorite Cuban cigar). Take home day is Feb 11th, cannot come soon enough!

Sorry to sound like a such a chick....but he is sooo cute!

Ha! My kids are tired of me talking about him already. I'm ordering a crate, toys, leash, etc. I've been reading books on raising/training a GSD from puppy to adult and tonight had a family meeting about how we all need to be consistent with the rules.

One of the boys asked, "Jeeze dad, did you do this much research before we were born?"

"No." Said my wife.

I cannot say she is wrong!

Back