ShadowSpear Cigar Thread

Having a bourbon and cigar night tonight. Trying to find a few new sticks I haven't had yet. Ill be pairing most likely with Kentucky Owl Rye batch 01. Its hot and spicy. I like full bodied and feel one is needed to taste through. Any fan favorites?
Before I go over the top....what brand of options do you have available to you?

Tidying the locker at the cigar shop....

View attachment 23934View attachment 23935
Damn

This is a pretty comprehensive look at many of the sticks we smoke. Thought you guys might find it interesting. 2018 CA REPORT: TOP CIGAR BRANDS YOU SHOULD KNOW (AND WHY) — Cigar Advisor
Who puts the US Cohibas on such a list?

A good friend of mine was able to travel to Cuba Last month. He brought me back 3 sticks which were rolled by Reynaldo in Havana.

View attachment 22846

Reynaldo has been rolling here since 1999 and the shop itself is an attraction, it's unlike any other but the cigars themselves are sought after because of their diversity in vitolas and liga.

Reynaldo's cigars have never been for the weak, they've always been known to put you on your butt. While some places roll cigars for the masses, this shop always rolled for the experienced Aficionado.

reynaldo-gonzalez-cigar-roller-450x321.jpg

This sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Before I go over the top....what brand of options do you have available to you?

Pretty much every major brand. I have a few different stores I can go to depending on the rarity. I really don't want to spend more than $20 on a stick tonight. I do have an Opus X Double Robusto in the humi, but I'm saving that for at least another 6 months to a year.

Pretty much every major brand. I have a few different stores I can go to depending on the rarity. I really don't want to spend more than $20 on a stick tonight. I do have an Opus X Double Robusto in the humi, but I'm saving that for at least another 6 months to a year.

Rye's can be tough to pair, but the Rocky Patel 55 Robusto is a good choice, as would a nice Padron. Staying within your price range, the
Camacho American Barrel-Aged would be a very good stick with Rye as well.

For as nice of a bourbon as you are drinking, I'd be awful tempted to smoke that Opus tonight.

The crazy secondary market makes that $150 rye bottle almost pocket change when considering ETL now goes for over $100.

That said, I went for a 1964 Padron (my favorite go to) and then tried a Leaf Maduro for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised by the Leaf. I will go back and buy another.

Last edited:
Where would I acquire one? Asking for a friend..

Not spiced....it's been a LONG time since I've smoked infused cigars. These are sticks that are given away by Pete Johnson when you attend one of his events and purchase a specific number of Tatuaje sticks at the event. I think I could sell them on the open market for a good chunk of money, but these are good enough I'm just letting them age.

Was able to secure 2 of this year’s 50 Year refills. (Year 4 of 5). I’ ve been able to get two each year (one to smoke and one to save) and after I add the smokes from the final box next year, I plan to save them for the most special of occasions. My old ass turns 50 next year and that is when I will begin....’50 year’ on my 50th birthday. Along with a very special aged beer that @BloodStripe send me for Christmas last year.

Enjoy life boys....

871F088F-2AB3-413C-9B3A-C5B10148080E.jpeg

Cool little story,
When I was 17 I flew for the first time, alone at that. Flew up from Florida to NC to go to my sisters wedding. This older gentleman sat next to me in the terminal, could barely speak English. Made a smoking notion towards me, which I responded with a sometimes notion. Long story short, this man gave me a genuine Cuban cigar and a pack of Cuban cigarettes. I felt like I’d just been given pure gold. Was a good distraction from the sun poison I had, that shit is the worst.

Gave the cigar to dad for Father’s Day and I don’t quite remember what I did with the cigs.

I do enjoy a cigar and some Jameson from time to time.

Happy Thanksgiving ladies and gentlemen. Every year my local cigar store invites the regulars to an 8am to 10am Thanksgiving smoke. The owner opens the humidor and allows us to choose literally any stick we’d like. His treat. A great tradition. I always choose a Liga#9, as that is the first premium stick I ever smoked, and I found it at the B&M. Be well everyone.

Back