The 2018 Moderator Election Smack Talking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year as I complete a full term as a mod, I actually like the candidates I see running. (Other than that Bacon guy and the German boot dude) :ROFLMAO:

While I aspire to continue as a mod, I can’t say I’d be butt-hurt “losing to that guy”...other than maybe that Navy guy, what the fuck is a Navy Buyer anyway?

As a current staff-member it does not feel right going after staff members who are also running again ... I know too much about them now! O_o

The election of 2016 was a great trash talking thread because of the uniqueness of the candidates running. Hell, freeking MetalMom quit the forum 2 or 3 times within that thread. LOL

Last year’s had its moments, but turned ugly - to the point of getting personal and nasty; then using the thread to veil it.

I enjoyed the couple weeks of back-and-forth this year and was glad no one went too far - attempted homor or not, once the line is crossed there is no going back.

There are more ways than you might guess where a member can contribute to the success of this forum, and I think I have found mine.

Vote Ooh-Rah, I’ll change your CUT to something cool!

What's cool about my 36 current votes is that this year I only had to vote for myself 35 times to get to second place in the polls. Last year I had to vote for myself like 50 times or something to get to a similar position.

It's all over but the crying now. All of the other mods should save themselves further embarrassment and drop out now. Especially Rackmaster.

break/break

Ref. Ooh-Rah's comments about last year's mod election. Some of you might not have been aware of all the details about what was going on, some of you weren't even members at the time. But I've been a member of ShadowSpear since it was founded in 2006, and about this time last year was, IMO, kind of a low point in the history of the site. The good news is, the site came together and handled business. Some things were changed. The people responsible for causing unnecessary strife were banned or eventually quit on their own. And our family here is better because of it.

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that most members never see. Some of it involves making difficult and controversial decisions. While the mods provide input, this responsibility ultimately falls on the admins. Echoing what The Troll said, I'm grateful to be involved in this site in whatever role seems appropriate.

...but all of this is kind of moot anyway, since I'm going to win this year's mod election in a landslide like I normally do, even if I have to call every Russian I know. #collusion #MSSGA #TeamMara

What's cool about my 36 current votes is that this year I only had to vote for myself 35 times to get to second place in the polls. Last year I had to vote for myself like 50 times or something to get to a similar position.

It's all over but the crying now. All of the other mods should save themselves further embarrassment and drop out now. Especially Rackmaster.

break/break

Ref. Ooh-Rah's comments about last year's mod election. Some of you might not have been aware of all the details about what was going on, some of you weren't even members at the time. But I've been a member of ShadowSpear since it was founded in 2006, and about this time last year was, IMO, kind of a low point in the history of the site. The good news is, the site came together and handled business. Some things were changed. The people responsible for causing unnecessary strife were banned or eventually quit on their own. And our family here is better because of it.

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that most members never see. Some of it involves making difficult and controversial decisions. While the mods provide input, this responsibility ultimately falls on the admins. Echoing what The Troll said, I'm grateful to be involved in this site in whatever role seems appropriate.

...but all of this is kind of moot anyway, since I'm going to win this year's mod election in a landslide like I normally do, even if I have to call every Russian I know. #collusion #MSSGA #TeamMara

After consulting the election rulebook, it seems clear that "if there be-est a tie, the name of him whomever shall be-eth uppermost in the listing, you shall declare him winner."

Hm, who knew?

Attachments

• votes.png
    votes.png
    49 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back