US Army SOF Photos

3rd. SFG(A) Soldiers during SOCOM CAPEX 2012

er0gt2.jpg

HiRes

fjncyx.jpg

HiRes

These started out being locally manufactured by guys on the ground, and they worked so well that some company ended up putting the design into production.

Personally, I would rather suck-start a shotgun than walk around with that thing on my back, especially up in the mountains.

These started out being locally manufactured by guys on the ground, and they worked so well that some company ended up putting the design into production.

Personally, I would rather suck-start a shotgun than walk around with that thing on my back, especially up in the mountains.
X2.

It'd be a cool weapon for Terminator 4.

I am, however, a big fan of the manpack Mk47 idea.

HA! :ROFLMAO:

That 125 lbs of whiz bang high tech gear is 125lbs! You'll see. :thumbsup:

290vga8.jpg

A coalition special operations forces soldier marks a medical evacuation helicopter landing zone during a mission in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, April 12. Afghan National Army commandos and coalition special operations forces, the first to visit that area in more than two years, defeated insurgent forces overrunning a village. Commando-led missions provide national security by encouraging local villagers to look to government forces for support rather than insurgents.

2418t8g.jpg

Coalition special operations forces pararescue jumpers medically evacuate an injured Afghan National Army commando during a mission in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, April 12. Commandos and coalition special operations forces, the first to visit that area in more than two years, defeated insurgent forces overrunning a village. Commando-led missions provide national security by encouraging local villagers to look to government forces for support rather than insurgents.

wrbbq.jpg

Coalition special operations forces soldiers defend their position from insurgent small-arms fire during a daylong firefight in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, April 12. Afghan National Army commandos and coalition special operations forces, the first to visit that area in more than two years, defeated insurgent forces overrunning a village. Commando-led missions provide national security by encouraging local villagers to look to government forces for support rather than insurgents.

23jl669.jpg

A coalition special operations forces soldier communicates insurgent activity over his radio during a daylong firefight in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, April 12. Afghan National Army commandos and coalition special operations forces, the first to visit that area in more than two years, defeated insurgent forces overrunning a village. Commando-led missions provide national security by encouraging local villagers to look to government forces for support rather than insurgents.

35arez7.jpg

A coalition special operations forces soldier defends his position from insurgent small-arms fire during a daylong firefight in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, April 12. Afghan National Army commandos and coalition special operations forces, the first to visit that area in more than two years, defeated insurgent forces overrunning a village. Commando-led missions provide national security by encouraging local villagers to look to government forces for support rather than insurgents.

qrcdj7.jpg

A coalition special operations forces commander, district subgovernor and village elders draw a map during a mission in Nuristan province, Afghanistan, April 13. Afghan National Army commandos and coalition special operations forces, the first to visit that area in more than two years, defeated insurgent forces overrunning a village. Commando-led missions provide national security by encouraging local villagers to look to government forces for support rather than insurgents.

very nice. one, still kind of trippy seeing soldiers in the old tri-color's but hey go with what works! When I came into the Corps they had just started transitioning everyone from tri-colors to the now familiar MARPAT, still seeing the tri-color's back in action is interesting. Haven't really heard the explanation behind it though, is it because since ANA wear tricolor's also in some areas that the US troops also to make it harder to selectively target them from a distance?

very nice. one, still kind of trippy seeing soldiers in the old tri-color's but hey go with what works! When I came into the Corps they had just started transitioning everyone from tri-colors to the now familiar MARPAT, still seeing the tri-color's back in action is interesting. Haven't really heard the explanation behind it though, is it because since ANA wear tricolor's also in some areas that the US troops also to make it harder to selectively target them from a distance?
That might be how they rationalize it, but if you observe, the woodlands became really prominent after the GPFs got multicam. Just saying.

That might be how they rationalize it, but if you observe, the woodlands became really prominent after the GPFs got multicam. Just saying.

forgive me as I'm not entirely sure what GPF's are, have heard it somewhere before but can't quite place it. It sucks when your in your late 20's and all the years of military jargon start to get mis-placed and mixed in your head lol! :P

In some Corps, regular ANA wear some weird looking digital camo while the Commandos (ANA SOF) wear the old tri-colors. I think the guys training the commandos are the ones wearing the tri-colors. Also, there was this article about MARSOC ordering tri-colors from Crye last year (http://kitup.military.com/2011/08/marsoc-adopts-woodland-crye-precision-uniform.html)

yea that does explain it from a tactical standpoint, just weird seeing the tri-color's coming back in after all the services were so keen on going all digital pattern, but hey circumstances on the ground! the ANA I worked with over in Afghan all wore tri-color though and only one was commando rated, but still like you said "in some Corps" not all. ah well, still great pics!

Back