US Army SOF Photos

0908018a2946f306.jpg

Coalition forces and members of a Khost task force patrol the city of Khost in Afghanistan's Khost province in preparation for the elections Aug. 18, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908018a2946f052.jpg

Coalition forces and a Khost task force prepare to patrol the city of Khost in Afghanistan's Khost province in preparation for the upcoming elections Aug. 18, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908016a2946f125.jpg

Coalition forces and members of a Khost task force patrol the city of Khost in Afghanistan's Khost province in preparation for the upcoming elections Aug. 16, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908016a2946f112.jpg

Coalition forces and a Khost task force patrol the city of Khost in the Khost province of Afghanistan, Aug. 16, 2009, in preparation for the upcoming elections. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

In light of probably sounding like a douche...would someone enlighten me about the flags on the individuals' helmets and load bearing gear, it appears that the "blue" field of the US flag is on the wrong side.

I was aware of it being "backward" when worn on the right shoulder of some units to indicate moving forward IIRC. Thanks in advance.

In light of probably sounding like a douche...would someone enlighten me about the flags on the individuals' helmets and load bearing gear, it appears that the "blue" field of the US flag is on the wrong side...

My educated guess is they didnt have one with the blue field on the left so they are using what the have....

A night time version of the above operation:

1zd7y91.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos conduct an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

11sc7ya.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos secure area during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

10pni8m.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos secure collat during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

2le061h.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos search collats during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

2qa0428.jpg

Coalition forces secures collat during air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

qzlzc3.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos conduct an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

(think the helo could be a MH-47)
2ib2pnl.jpg

Coalition forces during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

huiwoy.jpg

Laser guidance helps coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos conduct an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

rml9bb.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos search collats during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

fub86a.jpg

Coalition force soldier hydrates during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

colrc.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos prepare to breach a door during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

2dmh3c.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos move into a collat during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

2nuq7eq.jpg

Coalition forces alongside Afghan commandos secure streets during an air assault mission in the Paktika province of Afghanistan, Aug. 14.

Okay, I'm gonna ask about the 416s in those pics. Don't their 553's need a front sight to align or are they getting this else where? ... from the PEQ-15s?

Okay, I'm gonna ask about the 416s in those pics. Don't their 553's need a front sight to align or are they getting this else where? ... from the PEQ-15s?

the answer - "No."

Please don't hijack the tread for a co-witness debate.

ngvnyb.jpg

A coalition soldier checks defenses at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

30t5tdt.jpg

A coalition soldier sets up an M18A1 Claymore mine at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

2em2y4x.jpg

A coalition soldier sets up an M18A1 Claymore mine at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

24vse46.jpg

A coalition soldier checks defenses at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

2e37l6p.jpg

A coalition Soldier sets up communication at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

2870u9c.jpg

A coalition soldier at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

33dxu94.jpg

Task Force Khowst provides security at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

11cehki.jpg

Coalition forces talk to Task Force Khowst at Border Control Point 6, Khowst province, Afghanistan, Sept. 3, 2009.

Green Berets from 3rd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne), maneuver through an obstacle course during Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat training at Fort Carson, Colo., Sept. 15. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Michael R. Noggle)

Green Berets from 3rd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne), maneuver through an obstacle course during Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat training at Fort Carson, Colo., Sept. 15. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Michael R. Noggle)

Green Berets from 3rd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne), conduct Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat training at Fort Carson, Colo., Sept. 10. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Michael R. Noggle)

Back