ShadowSpear Cigar Thread

It's also not an overpowering stick. If you are going to do a 2nd tonight, you should be able to do so pretty easily without the Padron flavor lingering on your palate. Enjoy fellow BOTL!

Attachments

Ooh Rah's Random Cigar Thought's of the day...

1: The Montecristo' White is becoming my favorite weekend breakfast cigar. Pairs wonderfully with coffee and if found at the right time, can be purchased at a good price.

2: I've been smoking cigars for years and just now learning about dry-boxing and lower humidities is like starting all over again. Smoked a Cuban Monte2 yesterday that I let sit solo in a cedar travel humidor for 3 days. WONDERFUL!!! A nice crunch at the foot, perfect draw, and a touch of salt. Now what? A separate humidor dedicated to 60% or so to keep a small supply of Cubans that I'll want to smoke within the week? This whole process has really given me a different perspective on 'resting' cigars that I might get online or as a gift from someone.

3: It seems like the cigar consumer is more concerned about the FDA ruling than the B&M's. Even my own shop, they talk about it, complain about, but what are they doing about it? Were it my shop, every single customer would be directed to a laptop or iPad that was linked to the two CRA petitions. If they don't care, I guess I'll stop worrying about it.

4: I used to buy cigar accessories just to have them. Finally I am to the point where I see them as a tool, each for a specific purpose.

- Good sharp cutter. I have really taken notice of this the past few weeks as I've been snipping dryer cigars. A dull or cheap blade is more likely damage the stick.

- Quality matches. Love a good cigar match, my go to for toasting the foot when wind is not in play

- Triple flame torch. Awesome for those windy days when matches are a no go and a single flame just can't do the job.

- Single flame torch. Great for lancero's or a smaller ring gauge where a 'triple' would be too much fire. The single flame is also a perfect go-to for detail touchups for the occasional runner.

Finishing up an Alec Bradley Vandal this afternoon. While nothing great, it is a good cigar and I got a 10 pack for $40 which makes it even better.

I tend to smoke one cigar a day, sometimes two if time permits. If I'm golfing though...maybe three while I'm on the course. I live fairly close to Cigars International and frequent the Hamburg store quite often.

While I don't have expensive sticks in my humidor, I have a fairly large variety. I do not have an absolute favorite as there are WAY too many cigar choices available. I do prefer full bodied sticks and a few Connecticut wrapped ones. I am really enjoying Brazilian wrapped cigars though. The CAO Brazilia, LA Flor Dominicana La Nox, and CI's Blend Lab KK-4560 are the top choices.

I'll be posting a bunch in this thread...so stay tuned! Also, if y'all have any questions, I can try to answer them for you.

The next was a CAO Flathead 660. This burned nicely, but the ash seemed to not hold well, at most only an inch. I'm not sure I agree with the number three ranking from Cigar Afficiando. It had a nice flavor but there's better cigars out there for the price.

I'm not a fan of the larger Flathead. I enjoy the Sparkplug, Carb, and Camshaft sizes mostly as you get more of the flavor from the wrapper and not the filler/binder.

LOL - I was wondering how long it would take you to find this thread!

I never smoke in my.car but driving home from Madison with the sun roof wide open and nursing a Cuban right now. Perfect!!!

Yeah, it's taking me a little bit to find the "buttons" but I'm getting the hang of it!

Nice! I know there are other cigar smokers on the board; hopefully they will eventually join us here.

I'm smoking a rare morning cigar as I try to figure out how to resize my pictures to post here. Any way, a Man O War Virtue with a cup of Peet's Major Dickasons coffee pondering when it will end.

@petr -

On nice option here is that you can "copy/paste" your pics into your post. Give it a second for the pics to transfer (you'll see them recognized at the bottom) and you are good to go.

Illusione eccj for dinner tonight...wonderful!

illusione%2B~eccj~%2B20th%2B(6).JPG

I had my first CAO Steel Horse this evening. Eh. I prefer the box pressed Flathead for some reason. This lacked the flavors of the Camshaft, Sparkplug.

Back