ShadowSpear Cigar Thread

image.jpeg

Tatuaje Black and Surly Furious
icon_smile.gif

Last edited:
Anyone here a Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club member? Trying to get a bead on membership, but it appears to be a pretty well kept secret.

Been waiting a long time to crack this bottle and smoke my last La Verite 2008 - No better time than tonight - Rest in Peace, Prince.

unnamed.jpg

Tonight in protest is the FDA, I smoke the Crux Limitada PB5. One of many cigars that will not exist if the government had their way.

Also a cigar that you will not find on the big internet sites - the same sites who are doing nothing to fight this ruling.

Tomorrow I begin cycling through my collection of more limited cigars - those are gone too.

13151953_10209467502909828_4446887017990160347_n.jpg

Smoked a couple of new to me sticks over the weekend.

The first was an EP Carrillo Perez-Carrillo La Historia. It was extremely well constructed and a nice difference from the usual Inch cigars he is more known for. It smoked well, producing lots of smoke.

The next was a CAO Flathead 660. This burned nicely, but the ash seemed to not hold well, at most only an inch. I'm not sure I agree with the number three ranking from Cigar Afficiando. It had a nice flavor but there's better cigars out there for the price.

I'm not sure I agree with the number three ranking from Cigar Afficiando

I agree with your disagreement. There are few CAO's that I actually enjoy. That said, something about the Brazilia does good things for my taste buds.

CRA Launches New Congressional & White House Petition Regarding FDA Final Rule On Premium Cigars - this is VERY bad for small business cigar shops. Most irritating to me is that it does not affect "on line" so there is little to nothing on sites like JR and CI about this.

Has everyone signed the CRA petition ?

Please do so if not!

Write your Congressman

Write the White House

I've done a little internet sleuthing and found that General and Altidas have not lifted a finger to fight this. And for the most part, your favorite online retailers will pretty much be left alone. Gee I wonder who owns the popular online sticks?

***General Cigars***
- Olivia
- Macanudo
- Cohiba
- Partagas
- La Gloria Cubana
- CAO
- Punch
- Hoyo de Monterrey
- Excalibur
- Foundry

***Altidas***