ShadowSpear Cigar Thread

Guys...wanted to share this.

A buddy has one of these cigar holders, they fold flat but open wide enough to rest a cigar on it. Also includes bottle opener and golf-divot replacement tool. I had 4 made for a group of guys I hang with and it made me think that some of you might find benefit of getting some made with unit names or nick names of some type.

These guys are great to work with, I highly recommend.

Stogie Toys

F9440310-14B7-4A5B-84CB-FD065EBB9B90_zpspf2ih74o.jpg

What do you smoke? Have a favorite?

Robusto's or a Big daddy.

I don't buy enough of em to justify a humidor, so I enjoy them that much more when I light up.

Usually, when I see the kiddo's, 2 things are on my list - Tabanero's for stogies and then straight to Bern's afterwards for the worlds best Chateaubriand.

In the old days, you could go up to the dessert room, and enjoy your smoke after your meal. Nowadays, oh well.

Cigar International is always good for some solid deals during the holidays. I pick this one up every year....

A Great Deal Every Saturday from Cigars International

The CI Mummylode V includes 40 cigars:

2 - Cohiba Nicaragua N5x50 (5"x50)
2 – Rocky Patel Decade Robusto (5"x50)
2 - CAO Flathead V660 Carb (6.0"x60)
2 – Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill (7"x48)
2 - Man O' War Armada (6.5"x56)
2 - Diesel Uncut Toro (6.5"x52)
2 - Padilla La Terraza Connecticut Toro (6"x50)
2 - 5 Vegas Series ‘A’ Apotheosis (5.5"x55)
2 – Montecristo Platinum Toro (6.0"x50)
2 – Romeo y Julieta Vintage #7.5 (6.25"x54)
2 – Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto (6.0"x60)
2 - Nica Libre Toro (6"x54)
2 - Punch Pita (6.1"x50)
2 – La Perla Habana Morado Double Toro (6.0"x60)
2 - HC Series Habano Perfecto (5.3"x60)
2 - Cohiba Black Robusto (5.5"x50)
2 - Ramon Bueso L.E. Olancho 2005 Robusto (5.0"x50)
2 – Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada PG (6"x50)
2 - La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 4 Maduro (4.9"x52)
2 – La Aurora 1495 Robusto (5"x50)

Happy Thanksgiving my cigar smoking brothers!

I am sitting at the local B&M for our annual Thanksgiving morning smoker.

Locker members are invited 8am to 10am and bring dishes to share, coffee, and good conversation.

Store owner lets it be known the "til is closed" and we are all invited to choose any cigar off the shelf - comped.

As always, I choose the Liga #9. There might be better sticks to take, but the #9 was the first premium cigar I ever smoked that made me realize there was something better out there than Acids, and has been my Thanksgving morning smoke for many years.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I am enjoying a Man O War Virtue this morning before the festivities begin.

I haven't been able to post much any where. Finally got all of the posts done for the fence. Now we need to decide what kind of gates to put up then it's on to finish the hardwood floors upstairs. Always something!

Cohiba V. Cohiba

Those of you who follow all things Cuban are probably aware of this lawsuit, but even if you're not, I think it is pretty interesting.

Cohiba V. Cohiba | Cuba

It's the trademark case that refuses to die and it's still under litigation. Casually known as Cohiba v. Cohiba, the Empresa Cubana del Tabaco v. Culbro Corp. lawsuit started nearly 20 years ago when Cubatabaco, owners of the Cohiba trademark, sued General Cigar Co. for its use of the Cohiba name in the United States. General registered Cohiba in 1981 and then reregistered the trademark in 1995. In response, Cuba sought to cancel General's U.S. trademark. Since then, the case has gone arduously back and forth with numerous appeals and reappeals that showed victories and losses for both sides—and the issue remains unresolved.

The case raises an interesting question: Does a country have any trademark rights in the United States when it's under an embargo? In the case of Cohiba—the most high-profile premium cigar brand in the world—one court of law believes it does. Another disagrees. And the Supreme Court refuses to get involved.

CohibaVS_1600x900.jpg

What do you think so far?

Most I have enjoyed. A few standouts:

- The Cuban Partagas Serie E
- The Padron 90's (these come in a tube)
- The Norteno (made by Drew Estates)
- The Cuban Cohiba

One thing about this list, Cigar Aficionado is known for picking cigars who advertise with them. This list is usually more of a "huh, I'll have to try that one" than a final 'best of the best'.

So I found this by accident. Looks like it is not very active, but what is complete appears to be accurate and pretty interesting.

I've bookmarked it for occasional reference and thought it worth a share -

CIGAR WIKI

Back