ShadowSpear Cigar Thread

Guys,

I am in "search of" a Padron 50th with the red serial numbers. I thought for sure that I had one left from the first box, but nope. No "red" numbers, just 1 left from the first refill. Still cannot believe that I smoked my last one without paying attention.

Speaking of paying, the few I"ve found online have been twice retail, from unknown sources. I'm willing to buy/trade from someone here if you have one.

Padrón 50th Anniversary Cigars: Black Ink Vs. Red Ink | News & Features

Thanks all....

upload_2017-3-11_16-16-36.png

The Ooh Rah Cigar Cafe' is officially open for the season.

View attachment 18193

I've been lurking on this forum for a few years and just found this thread! Freakin' outstanding!! It is now official this forum is truly the best out there in inter-webs...

I will be sharing in the very near future.

Kristoff Ligero Maduro

Are my stand by, which I keep stocked.

What is everyone smoking these days?

My preferred sticks are Nicaraguan Maduros. I am not very adventurous in my pairings, Fall / Winter is a Kristoff Ligero Maduro with MacAllen 18 or Maker's 46, depends on what I feel at that moment. Spring / Summer Black Label- Last Rites and strictly Plantation 20 or Captain Morgan Black...

I leave the samplings to socials put on by the local cigar shop or the off chance I didn't travel with enough sticks.

Not sure if you are familiar with--

Black Label Blog -

Last-Rites-Full_1024x1024.jpg

IMO an excellent full bodied stick

I picked up a few of these, at a recent sampling event-

Hoyo de Monterrey - Excalibur

(had them before, decent stick paired w/ MM46)

20170311_191244.jpg

Anyone like Rocky Patels? My favorite is old world reserve.

I like Rocky's stuff, although I prefer his brother Nish's line better. I had a chance to meet Rocky last year when he came to our local cigar store for an event.

Sorry about the angle of the video, I had just gotten the phone. If you like cigars though, it is definitely worth a listen.

@Teufel , do you smoke often? If you do, I'd like to send you a small care package.

2013 Cuban Montecristo #2

Love the salty taste these wrappers have.

420C21C7-2FDD-4197-86A3-0FB46619A5AE_zpsmzxjwbsx.jpg

I like Rocky's stuff, although I prefer his brother Nish's line better. I had a chance to meet Rocky last year when he came to our local cigar store for an event.

Sorry about the angle of the video, I had just gotten the phone. If you like cigars though, it is definitely worth a listen.

@Teufel , do you smoke often? If you do, I'd like to send you a small care package.

I used to smoke quite a bit. I was smoking a stick a day on deployment. I favored ave marias, man o war, rocky old world, Royal vintage and I scored an opus X that was amazing.

I used to order a lot of sampler packs from cigars international. I haven't smoked much since then. The weather hasn't been conducive to it this year.

Here's a pretty cool Veteran owned cigar company I have been ordering from. The owner Clint is a really cool guy. They are still fairly new so they only have one blend but it comes in 3 different wraps: Connecticut, Habano, and Maduro. I'm no aficionado on cigars, but I like them a lot. They have a great draw and burn very evenly. B.A.M.F CIGARS, LLC

I used to smoke quite a bit. I was smoking a stick a day on deployment. I favored ave marias, man o war, rocky old world, Royal vintage and I scored an opus X that was amazing.

Man 'O War is a favorite of mine, but haven't seen / found any in a long time.
Pairs great with Oban 18 yr Single Malt.

Last edited:
Padron 45 Year tonight in honor of my dad.

Saving something special for this coming Father's Day and then his July birthday.

Need to think of something tradition worthy to smoke going forward on those two dates.

Rest In Peace Poppy, I really miss you tonight.

This is a pic of us together after my first deer. One of the biggest does I've even taken.

upload_2017-4-29_21-44-5.png

Last edited:
Back