US Army SOF Photos

Mine's more on the side of my kit than right in front (like at the 10-11 o clock position where side armor would go), so I haven't had much problem damaging it yet. I usually keep the antenna somewhat flush to my body using the cable that goes from my PTT to the radio to hold it down. Though I haven't done any real IMT'ing with that setup. If it comes to that I'll let you know how it goes.

That makes sense, I guess I still had the picture from above stuck in my head. If it's on the side, then that alleviates both issues that I presented. And considering your an 18D and probably have more important shit on your back, there probably isn't a lot of places to even put a whip back there.

It's been almost 3 years since I have even touched an MBITR so don't take anything I say too seriously :-)

Just a regular guy here. Considering the source I wouldn't discount your radio knowledge so quickly. I became a big fan of the fanny pack aid-bag recently. Usually have a ruck sack to contend with, and I wanted to avoid having to induce a ruck-splosion if I needed to get at my stuff.

man those SF guys look way too clean in those pics.

What are they modeling?

I gotta tell you man, back when it was hard our radios weighed double what they do now.. 117F on your back with some batteries? No thank you. These kiddos with their 117G that can fit in their pocket don't know how easy they have it. And what's with these new helmets? You haven't suffered unless you've worn a MICH with Peltors or Sordins on an objective for 8 hours as they tried squeezing your brain through your nostrils. Oh the good old days.

Haha I'm just kidding... but not really

18806_10150252933509943_1472289936_n.jpg

A sniper prepares to lay down suppressive fire while his teammate moves to cover behind the next vehicle during the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Sniper Competition at Fort Bragg, N.C., Dec. 6. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Jeffrey Moore)

Courtesy of vor33 from MPnet

1_zps8b0dafb3.jpg

A coalition force member maintains security on the outskirts of a village during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

2_zps0055f1f9.jpg

A coalition force member prepares for a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

3_zpsa2bd4871.jpg

A coalition force member leads fellow troops off base for a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

4_zps5440e98e.jpg

A coalition force member maintains security on the outskirts of a village during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

5_zps134ed7ef.jpg

6_zpsdc241bac.jpg

7_zpsd83cd3bd.jpg

8_zps8348a6e8.jpg

Coalition force members patrol through a village during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

10_zps9441600b.jpg

A coalition force member maintains security in a village during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

9_zpsab80e2d6.jpg

Coalition force members drive a light-tactical all-terrain vehicle through a village during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

11_zps83de3592.jpg

A coalition force maintains security during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

13_zps8cc62942.jpg

A coalition force member stands outside a villager's compound during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

12_zps7dcfed1e.jpg

A coalition force member maintains security during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

14_zpsbe2aaa85.jpg

A coalition force member maintains security during a presence patrol in Farah province, Afghanistan, Dec. 9, 2012. Coalition forces were conducting a patrol to assess the Afghan Local Police in the village. Afghan Local Police complement counterinsurgency efforts by assisting and supporting rural areas with limited Afghan National Security Forces presence, in order to enable conditions for improved security, governance and development. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

15_zps7a5075a3.jpg

I want a Ranger or RZR with an MG mount.
No you don't.

You don't want to be trying to fight off an unarmored vehicle. The preferred method is to get the hell off of the vehicle when you are in contact. That's why most dudes just put the MGs in the back.

Nice paint job on that Oakley dude's helmet.

What are those white rounds on the last pic?
Once upon a time, I was on a team with that guy- back when those sunglasses were new.

They are either white star clusters or white parachute flares.

Thanks.

Is it just me or does that MG look like it has a polymer frame? :-o I'm referring to the greenish color to it... (or maybe it's just the paint)

It's a titanium frame- it's an M240L.

That should appear in a recruiting commercial:

Join the Special Forces, travel to exotic lands, jump from airplanes, rip the tags from mattresses, and fire a titanium machine gun from a 4-wheeler.

Hi kids, I'm Etype. All of your friends, maybe even you, who skipped the ASVAB to smoke dope because the Army's "for suckers"? While you were selling cellphones at a kiosk in the mall I was driving a God damned 4 wheeler with a titanium machine gun. Titanium. I know you slept through chemistry in school, but trust me: a titanium machine gun is badass, almost as badass as that blowjob your mom gave me in Home Ec. I'm a Special Forces Weapons Sergeant and you? If you lose any Contacts migrating to my new phone I'll kill you! Just kidding, but I'll totally tap your sister in the ass now that she's 18. Seriously. De Oppresso Liber...that Latin for Your Mom gave me a blow job in Home Ec.

That should appear in a recruiting commercial:

Join the Special Forces, travel to exotic lands, jump from airplanes, rip the tags from mattresses, and fire a titanium machine gun from a 4-wheeler.

Hi kids, I'm Etype. All of your friends, maybe even you, who skipped the ASVAB to smoke dope because the Army's "for suckers"? While you were selling cellphones at a kiosk in the mall I was driving a God damned 4 wheeler with a titanium machine gun. Titanium. I know you slept through chemistry in school, but trust me: a titanium machine gun is badass, almost as badass as that blowjob your mom gave me in Home Ec. I'm a Special Forces Weapons Sergeant and you? If you lose any Contacts migrating to my new phone I'll kill you! Just kidding, but I'll totally tap your sister in the ass now that she's 18. Seriously. De Oppresso Liber...that Latin for Your Mom gave me a blow job in Home Ec.
You need to submit this to AFT!

Back