US Army SOF Photos

Shoot I'd buy stock in Opscore. Comfortable and easy to adjust. Even has rails on it, and we all know rails are the deciding factor in tactical proficiency.
Don't forget Velcro as well. Without Velcro, nothing can get done.

Isn't that what the rails are for, dispensation of the heat? We don't have rails on our AUG's so we use the forward grip to control the gun.

The rails are for bolting crap onto, lights, lasers etc... They also work as a heat shield. I'm not sure if they are designed for heat issues or not.

That was one thing I really disliked about the Steyr, I never liked shooting with the forward grip down but it was a little dodgy if you didn't.

I actually heard that if you get an optics extension for the side rails of the Ops Core, that you can mount either a scope or EoTech in order to reduce the weight of your rifle. BZOing is probably a pain though hahaha.

The rails are for bolting crap onto, lights, lasers etc... They also work as a heat shield. I'm not sure if they are designed for heat issues or not.

That was one thing I really disliked about the Steyr, I never liked shooting with the forward grip down but it was a little dodgy if you didn't.

I also use the the outside of the trigger guard.. also works well for me..

I actually heard that if you get an optics extension for the side rails of the Ops Core, that you can mount either a scope or EoTech in order to reduce the weight of your rifle. BZOing is probably a pain though hahaha.

Why don't I have this yet? I always knew there was something missing.

What I can't understand is why Opscore helmets don't come with MOLLE loops. What am I going to do if I want to put an extra magazine on my helmet?

Dude, MOLLE is so 2001. There's war bungees and tacos for that now. :D

Besides, is there still room? LOL
FFH8x.jpg

War bungees and tacos? I guess I'm behind the times man. Going to have to hit google in a bit. Lot of stuff on that helmet I've never seen before. I've got a minor mohawk with a counter-weight and strobe, but that's as far as I go.

The best story I ever heard in reference to buying gear was the following:

Backstory - was told this story by cadre while being JMPI'd during the course after MOS phase. I and some others were some of the last guys to get issued the old kevlars with the bunny ears and sweat bands (the PASGT maybe?). Cadre saw it and laughed. Then said this, " One of our guys went to a shooting school in Ireland a year or so back. When he got there he started pumping the instructor for information on what he thought were the best accessories (foregrips, lights, sights, etc) to get for an M4. The instructor replied simply, 'You'll use what God gave you, boy.'"

Was some of the best advice I ever received. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to work.

While I understand the functionality, I love our race to reduce the weight and size of everything only to add more stuff to it.

Back