US Army SOF Photos

I predict that the next 'big thing' in tactical firearms will be the teachings of fatman Lynn Thompson from Cold Steel knives
I think this guy's idea of tactical movement is getting from his car to the front door of Burger King

I just broke a rib laughing so hard... A beach ball with lips shooting melons, range clean up must suck. Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. SHOW ME THE MONEY! I enjoyed his blade demos even more, the bush spear and some of the sword stuff. I in fact own one of his Bushman spears and a Bore Spear. Gorilla marketing.

So what's behind the logic of making it 18-series only now? Seems like that would be a good place for folks like us to learn/solidify SF-centric training. Unless, SWTG opens up SUT. :-"

There's a SFAUCC light course for support personnel assigned to Group. It's called SFBCC (can't remember what it stands for).

You know what I find interesting...USASOC has a ton of different schools that we send guys to for CQB/MOUT/BD6/CQC/Whatever else, yet the big army has not established a single formal CQB school to send the rest of the army to. They have erected MOUT sites on almost every post...but no formal training. And not as much in Afghanistan, but in Iraq big army was doing everything in an urban environment. It just seems someone might have scratched there head and said "hey..maybe we could use a formalized course to send our combat arms guys to learn advanced urban/cqb techniques"

For as many useless badge hunter schools as there are *cough air assault cough*, you would think something like the above could be worked out, and it would probably save some guys' lives too.

10z9wz9.jpg

Men of Special Forces ODA 525 pose for a portrait before their insertion into Iraq, 72 hours before the beginning of the ground war, February 1991.
Courtesy of Buzz Saw DeGroff via Barbara Hall

I remember watching a documentary about their recon mission going south. Inredible story.

Got it from another site, gonna have to ask the oryginal poster (no pun intended) for the source.

I have no idea what GRU is lol.

GRU or Glavnoye Razvedyvatel'noye Upravleniye is the foreign military intelligence main directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (formerly the Soviet Army General Staff of the Soviet Union). GRU is the English transliteration of the Russian acronym ГРУ, which stands for "Главное Разведывательное Управление", meaning Main Intelligence Directorate. The official full name translation is Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. It is also known as GRU GSh (short for GRU Generalnovo Shtaba, or ГРУ Генерального штаба, i.e. "GRU of the General Staff").
The GRU is Russia's largest foreign intelligence agency.[1] In 1997 it deployed six times as many agents in foreign countries as the SVR, the successor the KGB's foreign operations directorate. It also commanded 25,000 Spetsnaz troops in 1997.[2]
The current GRU Director is Major General Igor Sergun.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRU

After the JMPI. Authentic stainless steel philippine jeepney (17-pax sardine seat capacity) in the background. Clark Airbase, Pampanga.

RP-US halo ex .jpg

Back